Inspired Fourplay Vs 24uk

Scott Gibbs

For me i honestly can't see the need for a second bike to do something i can't do on my Inspired. Sure its a bit heavier than your average 9kg stock and i suppose rear wheel control may be hampered slightly but it just doesn't matter one bit.

I cant say it enough, i have genuinly never ever had any more fun on a bike than i have on my Inspired. In a really sad way i feel like this is the bike i have always been looking for since starting trials and when riding it, it just feels like it was made for me (im sure a lot of people feel this). Every line or move i pull puts a smile on my face as its just such a joy to ride. Literally the only bad thing about the bike is me and that i am the only thing holding it back from Danny Mac type moves.

I guess it you want to do lots of static moves exclusively such as sidehops, static ups etc then the Inspired probably won't be quite what your looking for and may even hold you back, but for me i want to ride street and attack moves rolling at speed. I dont want to line up against a wall and hop up it then drop straight off......i really just dont get that style of riding, its not my idea of fun. Bombing towards a wall, pulling a bunyhop to front wheel manual then linking it on to whatever else you fancy is just what i like doing. I could never do that on my Koxx and i just can't ever imagine wanting to go back to a stock.

If you're into street and having fun and not taking your riding too seriouslly and inch pinching then the dream bike is ready waiting, if its not quite you maybe look elsewhere?

Oh god im not an inch pincher thats for sure! i have spent the last 5 years riding street on a mongoose ritual hard tail with DJ2s primo hollowbite cranks one brake and so on! so i ride at things fast and attempt to link up moves! i would ride it more like a hardtail and less stop and hop! i would be the same as you bud i would be holding it back not the other way round! as for danny mac that boy aint from this planet i dont think! :lol: i agree about the searching for the right bike i think its here its the inspired fourplay! Im just waiting for my tax rebate to go through and im straight on tartybikes to order mine! thanks for all the advice given on here guys much appreciated! :D

Edited by bender b rodreguez

Also, this could sound stupid but when i bought my Inspired over a year ago i really wanted to support Dave at Inspired because i was so impressed the bike he'd put out and the risk he'd taken. At the time it didn't seem like they flew off the shelves and now they're picking up i feel pleased. Thats why if it was me (and this is just my opinion) i wouldn't buy a Marino in Inspired geo as i think its a bit of injustice...(many would feel differently). I just think the Inspired company is one i'd happily support by buying there products as their promoting a damn cool side to trials.

Also, they're f**king cool bikes - they look good, are well designed and perform well. Like the Heatsink 24UK, its a perfectly good bike with some lovely features but its an absolute pig to look at. I know its how a bike rides, but god help me its ugly and you cant run a slammed seat...how stupid. Inspired have just got it right and deserve they're success.

Also, they're f**king cool bikes - they look good, are well designed and perform well. Like the Heatsink 24UK, its a perfectly good bike with some lovely features but its an absolute pig to look at. I know its how a bike rides, but god help me its ugly and you cant run a slammed seat...how stupid. Inspired have just got it right and deserve they're success.

That's one of the reason why I got the Inspired. The 24UK rides really well for me, short and nice. I can say the Mk2 was directly copied from the Mk1 - there was still a cable guide for front derailleur! >_< No offence to Steve though. Well hopefully he'll make the newer models of 24UK to be matched equally with the Inspired.

That's one of the reason why I got the Inspired. The 24UK rides really well for me, short and nice. I can say the Mk2 was directly copied from the Mk1 - there was still a cable guide for front derailleur! >_< No offence to Steve though. Well hopefully he'll make the newer models of 24UK to be matched equally with the Inspired.

In all honesty my 1st choice was the heatsink 24uk, but the inspired is by no means second choice! Thats why i started the thread cuz i couldnt decide! And steve told me that he didnt have the supply of frames and probably wouldnt have the supply till next year.

In all honesty my 1st choice was the heatsink 24uk, but the inspired is by no means second choice! Thats why i started the thread cuz i couldnt decide! And steve told me that he didnt have the supply of frames and probably wouldnt have the supply till next year.

Well boys.... after reading this entire thread and it nearly being 3am now....I want an Inspired too!

I should probably sell the Onza Woodstock Ive just bought, built up and will not want to ride as I'll be thinking of an Inspired :P

Im new to trials/street, but im ....ok ;).... at XC and quite capable of getting my balance quickly.

I had three rides on the new Onza and manualled straight away.

It took me buying a rear Rubber Queen to get the rear wheel hop down pat on the day I put it on and the rest is flowing fast. That bouncy rear tyre made all the difference, as did putting my old XC rim (light weight) and tyre. Presta tube on to lighten the front end.

Im still getting used to the geo of the Onza (26") and will have the manuals down by tomorrow. Had to take a day off today (thursday). Was in a WORLD of pain from never using the muscles required for trialsy techniques before LOL.

That was on wednesday playing for a few hours in the arvo getting rear hops down, bunny hops (always sucked at!), jumps at the skate park (never done in my life) but feeling more confident ever day (lol 3rd day) now on lifting up HARD to get max height.

I really think I'd be best to have something chuckable like a 24" though now....

Shame after the money I just spent on the Onza and getting spares etc. Its basically new. Shame :-(. I want an Inspired now though :)

Now, please understand... I wasnt saying all that ^^ above to sound up myself, better than anyone else or ANYTHING like that, Im just not that sort of bloke.

Back to the Inspired-

It says theyre out of stock till August.... Im Aussie and going back to Aus very soon but wanted to buy one before I left and ship it back with my other gear....

Are the geo's of the previous Inspired's the same as the latest current design?

Theres a second hand one on here for sale. It looks like its had a rough life though.

Any thoughts?

Also, I've PM'd 3 of you boys regarding these bikes.

I really want to have a ride on one to see how they feel.

Are any of you boys in London? Im not working atm and VERY eager to have a ride if anyone is gracious enough to help me out?

Im 28yo and respectful of other peoples bikes and gear in general, so I wouldnt be doing anything stupid or extreme, but we just do not have these bikes back in Aus so its my rare chance to pick one up before I leave.

Look forward to hearing back from you all!

Cheers guys :)

Wes

Mate its a shame u brought the onza before u found the inspired! To me it looks like a lot of riders are going 24 to put back the fun into their riding, and with Danny Mac, Dave @ inspired bikes and Steve @ heatsink bikes pushing the sport further along i think the 24 inch scene will go spread like wild fire! I cant wait to get mine and tear up the streets! As for them being out of stock till august i think it ment the blue frame and white frame. If your refering to tartybikes website!

Mate its a shame u brought the onza before u found the inspired! To me it looks like a lot of riders are going 24 to put back the fun into their riding, and with Danny Mac, Dave @ inspired bikes and Steve @ heatsink bikes pushing the sport further along i think the 24 inch scene will go spread like wild fire! I cant wait to get mine and tear up the streets! As for them being out of stock till august i think it ment the blue frame and white frame. If your refering to tartybikes website!

Yeah I know. Read my other thread about having to buy the Poo-brown frame as an ABsolute last resort.... theres a good reason theyre in stock of those and not of the other two colours....;)

Shit - Wes i totally forgot!!!

Sorry about that dude!! Anyway, i've been roped into working all work so i can't ride - whack a topic up in the rides section (title it london 24" boys or something) - you'll get a ride on a few bikes and sort out a day!

Matt

Yeah I know. Read my other thread about having to buy the Poo-brown frame as an ABsolute last resort.... theres a good reason theyre in stock of those and not of the other two colours....;)

I didnt think the brown one was that bad! To be honest i think its my favourite! But like it has been said re spray it at worst case scenario! As long as it rides well thats the main thing! But down to you! Whatever one i get i will love every minute of owning one!Lol

to the guy with the woodstock....you do realise theyre essentially a stock version of the inspired? very similar geo wise, just with a lower bb height, thus compensating for the bigger wheels....

Cheers mate.

I did write in my thread about the difference in geo/lengths of the frame compared to the Inspired.

I really need to try a higher stem and riser bars at this stage in the mean time

Also need to order new front pads as the wd-40 that the previous owner sprayed them with is still coming through the pads, or the piston is leaking. Im praying its not the piston, but i'll have to order new pads in the mean time

The bike still feels heavy to me. Think I need to switch to a single speed rear cog and swap the front also as its 22t

Chocolate Brown looks awesome in my opinion..

5y8fp0.jpg

Although I am biased since mines brown!

Are the geo's of the previous Inspired's the same as the latest current design?

Theres a second hand one on here for sale. It looks like its had a rough life though.

Any thoughts?

The geo should be the same. Since it's a very popular frame, I doubt there would be any changes, cos it's like it has been tested there and then. And if there was, it would be announced. But...

I've bought the blue frame about 3 weeks ago. My friends have the white and brown ones. We use a ratio of 18:14, and with normal bmx chains and the same chain tensioner. Somehow they can achieve a good tight chain tension, while mine's saggy (and skips too) and requires a half link to achieve that tension! So I wonder if there is really any changes? :shifty:

Luckily I can run it without a tensioner for now, though the chain sags a little. Maybe I should just save up and get a Rohloff tensioner. Makes it look very neat too. (Y)

Ah, brown frames with gold/orange/green hubs are nice!

Edited by spaceman

I ran 18:14 on a kingz tensioner which was much better with a half link - now I'm on a Rohloff and it's much cleaner, though no real difference in performance.

Just for looks im Gunna run a full half link chain! Lol Whats the tensile tensioner like? Looks similar to the roffholl.