Parcelforce

Mike W

Swapped bikes with an adrian griffiths from this forum and ive received the parts and they are wrecked completely.

my stuff will not be with him til tuesday, is there any way i can ring parcelforce and arrage for my parcell to be returned to me before it is delivered?

that way i can just send him his bike and have no more trouble with this.

Thanks alot guy quick replies would be helpful :)

Yeah can't see why not.. give them a ring.

Aye well i have the receipt and everything, cheers for reply, any other advice woul be nice guys :)

Fuming about it to be honest, the bits ive posted are brand new, was expecting something half decent.

Aye well i have the receipt and everything, cheers for reply, any other advice woul be nice guys :)

Fuming about it to be honest, the bits ive posted are brand new, was expecting something half decent.

ok so the deal was,

my 07 zoo python frame, (i showed him it on webcam all over before i sent it) he found a crack which i did not know about! (its a free frame anyways)

echo lite forks 2007/8, usual condition scuffs down the leg

top part of a zoo headset, mint condition

front echo sl rim on echo cnc hub, basicaly unused, not a mark on it

heatsink red pads in cnc vee backings

echo external bb, mint condition

echo team stem, mint condition, jus one bolt dethreaded so has a nut on the other side (showed him this on cam)

profile back wheel, only jus put a new rim and spokes etc on it! i new it was cracked and offered to send another hubshel built onto a try-all rim. and he can also send it to profile and get a new shel

an almost brand new try-all tyre

monty front tire

two standard inner tubes

spare try-all rim

all this was showed on webcam :) so he knew exactly what he was gettin

to swap for

brand new tr wheel set (a couple of rounded nipples on the back, no biggy)

brand new fsa bb

brand new trialtech forks with star nut (i have sloped topcap)

brand new maxxis tyres

thick maxxis downhill tubes

tensile freewheel

sounds like a good deal on his side if you ask me! he gets a free frame and a full out better spec, jus the forks arnt in as good condition, and

and this is what i actually got in exchange,

rear echo tr wheel, bearings are raped, rim is buckled and flat spotted far beyond rideable, ALL the nipples are completely rounded so i cant even attempt to sort it out, the washers on the bolts are scraped so harsh that they are now part of the bolts themselves, so when you tighten the wheel it mauls your drop outs. also not sure how it long it takes anodising to fade btu the stuffs faded :) so cant be that new haha

got some crappy tube thats been repaired like 6 times. only 1 tube btw :S

a nice new maxxis front tire yay! and another tyre what looks more like an innertube and its like 2.1 :S off some mountain bike maybe?

hmm trialteck forks, rounded top cap, no star nut, the drop outs have been filed and raped :S i cant even use them yet

some sort of echo/onza w.e stem, only one steerer bolt and the stem has been hammered, yea hammered! all over and wont go on the steerer.

the one alright part!! an echo front tr wheel ! wooo shame it doesnt fit in the forks.

hmmm im missing.

brand new fsa bb,

two maxxis downhill tubes,

topcap and star nut,

new maxxis tyre,

tensile freewheel

sweet, anyone want pics? :)

oh and just to top it off, he asked me to post his first class recorded so that he can ride on the weekend, and hed do the same for me :) cool sounded fair to me.

so, i sent mine 'guaranteed next day' which cost an extra £7 and got it recorded.

he claimed to have sent his, but said they didnt give him a tracking number cause its a local company, and claimed it was next day.

well he hadnt sent it, he ended up sending the stuff 48 hour!!! :ermm: and not even recorded, so there was no trackin number or anything!.

i also spent a good hour or two packing his stuff all good so that it wouldnt have a chance of gettin damaged. :)

his stuff cam in a bin bag with sum parcel tape to hold it together with the stem and stuff ratling and bashing around in the middle.

hmmmm how on this f'kin planet can u make a topic moaning about me?

I was in the depot office last week and someone on the phone was trying to get them to do this, I wasn't particularly listening but it sounded like they were able to do it... Give it a go (Y)

Edit: ah, serves me right for not reading Mr Griffin's huge post...

Edited by adamtrials

sounds like it all worked out fairly even to me...!

part from the hubshel and frame adrians stuff was mint :S it was his spare bike that he hardly used, he rides an 07 gu! the stuff adrian got is raped! weve jus spent since 1pm tryin to make it work :S

Not causing arguments its just that the rear brake is tottaly shagged, Front monty tyre has those little metal wirres showing through because of how bald it is. Profile hub has a crack ALL the way around the hub. Not too sure what state mikes stuff was in but im not taking sides.

Mikes stuff was mint, like brand new, he got the stuff new from tarts and bought a brand new rear rim, I vouche for Mike, he is NOT a bad guy and would never rip anyone off with broken/batterd parts.

I saw these parts about a week before he swapped them and they were in perfect working order.

Edited by Bint

If its being played like this then.

So i receive parts that i am assured are decent conditon.

Oh unfortunately i go to build the bike up and find a crack on the hub which goes ALL the way round.

Oh then i find a crack that goes half way round the chainstay.

Now Adrian knew about the profile and forgot to mention it to me? how odd.

I specifically asked has the frame been stripped i was given the answer "no" and when it arrives it is bear metal and battered.

anyone who has seen my stock could tell you how good condition it was an i rode those wheels the day i sent them, surely i would have noticed if there was anything wrong with the bearings?

rim is 2 weeks old, spoke nipples are fecked but i did tell him about them.

So what we can do adrian is.

I kept some of the stuff i was meant to send you when i found cracks planning to get them in the post when you sorted me out with new hubshell atleast, so you can send me a hubshell and i will send you an echo TR rim a pack of spoke nipples a tensile freewheel and an fsa platinum bb.

Or if you like it can be left as us both being unhappy with he parts we have received. i would have much rather kept this personal saving any ridiculous internet arguing but clearly you want to drag my name through the dirt.

NOT HAPPY.

Its down to you,

bearings are not raped. stem was thrown in when you said do you have any other stock bits kicking about.

like i said before, we can sort this out so we are both happy or just leave it as it is.

i have the rest of the stuff here to send.

Swap back for all stock parts when hes just bought a brand new king mod wheel?

sounds unappealing to me.

Keep the wheel, and find some other mug who wants to swap a bin liner full of shit for something decent, and hope you don't get sent shit in return this time :)

Mikes stuff was mint, like brand new, he got the stuff new from tarts and bought a brand new rear rim, I vouche for Mike, he is NOT a bad guy and would never rip anyone off with broken/batterd parts.

I saw these parts about a week before he swapped them and they were in perfect working order.

Saying that...the forks had been filed down so the front wheel wont fit straight, the back wheel is absolutley raped!! the stem has been battered!!! no top cap, no star nut for adrians sloped cap, no freewheel, no bb....adrian said he could send mike a new hubshell and the frame was brand new.....basiclly mike would have ripped adrian off no matter what.

The majority of the parts were brand new. Mike got sent a badly cracked hub, a crack half way around the chainstay, a huge dent in the side of the frame, a tyre so bald you could see the wire coming through. And your picking up on petty things like spoke nipples and bearings which you must of f*cked up yourself.

I kept some of the stuff i was meant to send you when i found cracks planning to get them in the post when you sorted me out with new hubshell atleast, so you can send me a hubshell and i will send you an echo TR rim a pack of spoke nipples a tensile freewheel and an fsa platinum bb.

Hold on, the whole point of this thread was asking if you could stop a parcel being delivered, when infact you hadn't sent it when you'd already received your bits, then posted only some of the bits you'd agreed to exchange..? Why didn't you just send it back when you saw the damage instead of posting your stuff?

You're doing yourself no favours in this argument.

In any case, just swap back.