My Inspired

Matthew62

Had this just over a year now and have given her the yearly overhaul and have added a few nice bits.

Rohloff added aswell as Hope stem, trialtech lite chain and Inspired seat set-up. Hope 90mm stem with Deity bars are a dream set up, can't have those forward facing bars! I think it looks about perfect although i wouldn't mind changing the colour of the frame and trying out some holy rollers!

Please excuse the poor quality photos -just nabbed them quickly for now until i take her out!

post-7501-1242499298_thumb.jpg

Cheers, i did the floor myself!!! I think the frame would need to be a bright colour as all the parts are black - purple might clash with the red hubs though? I've always fancied a red frame like the specialize4d frames of the late 90's!

Yeah i bang on about my Deity's all the time, but i love them. I'm running 18:14 which used to feel a bit easy but i've recently changed chain and put a rohloff on and this sounds stupid but it feels stiffer. I don't know if thats possible because of the tighter chain, but it feels much better.

I'm running zoo pitbull forks as i really wanted a straight blade fork but i hate Echo Urbans. I like how stiff the Zoo's feel, and i like the clean lines they created with the frame. I am coming round to curved blade forks but i'd still rather them straight....makes it shorter too.

makes it shorter too.

nonononononono, curved forks tend to have exactly the same rake as straight blades

(I was going to put Urbans vs Controls here as an example, turns out the SL's are actually less raked than the Urbans! SL vs Urban)

Bike looks good (if a little samey, make it brighter :P), how are you finding that rear Kenda?

Ah, there we go then! Just back to good old aesthetic reasons for me then.

Brighter? Other than frame colour i wouldn't want lots of dodgy coloured components.

Kenda tyre, it works and is a very good tyre (comparible ot maxxis minion) however its far from what i want from a tyre. Its too slugish and heavy and grips to much when you spin because of the side knobbles, so i want to get some Holy Rollers on soon. I don't think a lot to the DMR either, doesnt grip too well and a bit knobbly also. I ride street so its time for something that compliments that - no point in having dirt tyres on!

Ah, there we go then! Just back to good old aesthetic reasons for me then.

Brighter? Other than frame colour i wouldn't want lots of dodgy coloured components.

Kenda tyre, it works and is a very good tyre (comparible ot maxxis minion) however its far from what i want from a tyre. Its too slugish and heavy and grips to much when you spin because of the side knobbles, so i want to get some Holy Rollers on soon. I don't think a lot to the DMR either, doesnt grip too well and a bit knobbly also. I ride street so its time for something that compliments that - no point in having dirt tyres on!

You wont regret the Holy Rollers there really far far better than the DMR equivalents and they're stupidly light.

Plus they have a soft compound and the tread that is there works increadiably well in the wet supprisingly.

You'll love them.

Also the bike looks awesome.