Skimboarding

Gandalf the Yellow

my housemate bought a skimboard the other day so we went down to the beach to have a go, it is BLOODY HARD! its either im going too slow and it just sinks or so fast i jump on and loose all sorts of balance... a few times the board just shot off and i landed on my arse :P and a few times i threw my arms too hard to balance and almost dislocated it just from throwing it about... don't fancy doing that on the beach! :D

if you skimboard or know how to..whats the best technique to get on the board?

steve

I guess its just practise? And making the board move before you jump on, running along with it, throwing it down and jumping on before it loses too much speed.

Having said this I know nothing about skim boarding.

I found the faster the better (Y) Can be fun when learning haha. Of course don't start by running as fast as you can and jumping on.... And yeah depends what's works for you but i found it best to jump on the board from behind but also slighlty to the side. Have fun :D Makes we want to go to the beach now!!

Go to as shallow as possible (i Live in weymouth and its perfect) run on sand with boads held in frount of you slam it down (hard) with Right hand the jump on the back of it feet closeish together. when you start ur fall of all the time but when ur at the back of the board it gives yuo more control

little tip wd40 on the skimming side

Ahhhhh so meany days wasted

I used to a bit for the past few summers. My main tip would be.. when you throw it down, if it starts going off in the wrong direction then don't jump on it... sure fire way of landing on your face.

Maybe my technique was wrong, I used to run along, throw it down beside me, run alongside for a few steps then jump on (its during these steps that you shouldn't jump on if its going sideways). I *think* once you get the hang of it its possible to do all that in one fluid motion.. never got that good though, few nasty falls knocked my confidence.

sounds like my throwing technique is wrong, i recall a few times where i've jumped on when it was slightly to the side, and stacked it hard!

also i don't think im aiming at where i jump on on the board... i'll try nearer the backside of the board next time.

dan.. breaking ankles on the beach would SUCK, its like the least likely place to break a bone because its so 'soft' ;) especially the wet sand.

steve

• 10 years later...

My housmate love to do the skimboard to do in their own time but I do not have the much time to play with this sort of stuff though so I am imagine myself to do some more task with  https://www.nerdywriters.co.uk/write-my-essay/ to get understand about writing as I want to be a writer for a long and whole time of period.

as my all friends got advantages of using the same statement for the writing purposes which matters alot to them.