Ho Can I Make My Chris King Louder

zoo 06

do NOOOT stretch the spirngs.

the way kings work they are best in a well oiled lubricated environment so keep it that way.

so what if its not realy loud, does it still work well?

the longer term cost of not keeping it lubricated or stretching the springs meen things will wear out faster and C/King spares are SILLY expensive!

the way kings work they are best in a well oiled lubricated environment so keep it that way.

the longer term cost of not keeping it lubricated or stretching the springs meen things will wear out faster and C/King spares are SILLY expensive!

thanks mate ^_^

It is impossible to make your hub louder without damaging it or making it more likely to wear.

Your hubs noise depends on things like how many pawls are used, how tight the spring is, how dry the inside of the hub is and how deep the engagement points are.

If you have to make it louder tightning the spring around the pawls or cleaning out the lube will make the hub louder but will also make it wear quicker.

NEVER cut(deepen) the engagement points though :P. Some dirt jumper came into the bike shop i work in a while back who had done this and it was unfixable. Not worth the risk.

Best bet would be to just leave it as is if your happy with it though.

It is impossible to make your hub louder without damaging it or making it more likely to wear.

Your hubs noise depends on things like how many pawls are used, how tight the spring is, how dry the inside of the hub is and how deep the engagement points are.

If you have to make it louder tightning the spring around the pawls or cleaning out the lube will make the hub louder but will also make it wear quicker.

NEVER cut(deepen) the engagement points though :P. Some dirt jumper came into the bike shop i work in a while back who had done this and it was unfixable. Not worth the risk.

Best bet would be to just leave it as is if your happy with it though.

Whilst I agree, I can't take your advice seriously if you think Kings have pawls and numerous springs.

Spring.

If it goes wrong it's really not that bad.

Spring.

If it goes wrong it's really not that bad.

What, when you've raped the drive/ driven rings? :P

I wouldn't bother. Clean it out and whack some thin oil in there and it'll be louder and work a bit better, my hub's *probably* the quietest king i've heard, it's been cleaned out and had the lube changed etc but i love it, silly loud hubs do start to get annoying.

If (like mine) it's working perfectly and doesn't skip, just leave it be - how does a loud hub help? (awaits "gi' us confidents mayte")

What, when you've raped the drive/ driven rings? :P

I wouldn't bother. Clean it out and whack some thin oil in there and it'll be louder and work a bit better, my hub's *probably* the quietest king i've heard, it's been cleaned out and had the lube changed etc but i love it, silly loud hubs do start to get annoying.

If (like mine) it's working perfectly and doesn't skip, just leave it be - how does a loud hub help? (awaits "gi' us confidents mayte")

Well I've stretched both the springs on the 2 Kings I've had and they've never skipped or had any problems etc.

mehhhhhh..

Grant Hudley's king his super loud, the loudest one i've ever heard, so best bet would be to pm him. he told me he stretched the spring, but prob best to pm him for full details.

His king gives me a head ache..........its also the loudest ive ever heard.and it never skips.....

Its like no nother hub ive ever heard

He just stretched the spring

Edited by Dave Anscombe