Karl Donnellys Onza Skull

Joe@Onza

Thanks for the comments guys, Pretty much everyone loved it at the comp today. As for the spec, Karl chose it. Its his bike, I was just showing the frame. They should be here in about 6 weeks.

£339, Well that's the price. Its how much it costs to make. We don't just pluck figures out of the air. Think when its on Tarty you will prob see it mid to low end of the price range I think.

Graphics seem to be a love hate thing, Would rather some people love it then every body go.......mmmmm its ok. Trust me, in the flesh it does not look gothy, Childish or any of the bad reply's I've seen. Bango loves it so I'm happy. :)

400 quid to make a frame? :blink: .

£339!

:lol: haha thats what he said 400 >_<

why every time joe says, 339 mat think of 400 pounds,

if joe said 300 mat would probibally want one haha, its a mid price range for frames atm and there decent frames,

got your shitter frames 200 area,

got your just a shit however deemed good frames for like 400+ of what youd have to be blind or just like riding utterly wank geos to buy one,

where as onza bringing these frames out for 300 area, and they look good and ride good, still not into the graphics if you could get hold of the white theyd be more of them sell imo.

Funny you should say that as I have Karl's old white Skull with no graphics, start the bidding now at £149. ha ha.

:lol: haha thats what he said 400 >_<

why every time joe says, 339 mat think of 400 pounds,

if joe said 300 mat would probibally want one haha, its a mid price range for frames atm and there decent frames,

got your shitter frames 200 area,

got your just a shit however deemed good frames for like 400+ of what youd have to be blind or just like riding utterly wank geos to buy one,

where as onza bringing these frames out for 300 area, and they look good and ride good, still not into the graphics if you could get hold of the white theyd be more of them sell imo.

Lmao..

Really liked the white one of these, make a 1030 version pleeeeeeeeease ^_^ .

Wouldn't buy one for 400 quid though wtf is going on lol.

Christ you are annoying!, a reputable UK trials company which has been producing bikes and p&a for over a decade, and your calling the shots?.

They have had prototypes of this frame so they can assess the geometry and tweak it to make a nice riding bike, you've only taken in consideration the wheelbase when of course as with any geometry it has to have some proportion with the rest of the lengths/heights. if your that concerned why not just move your wheel back in your dropouts by a centimetre, then your 5mm away from your orgasmical 1030!

And from the sounds of it you also have no common sense.

The whole cycle industry has had a massive drain, you probably don't know that the current exchange rate is terrible, as most cycle items are produced overseas this of course has a direct knock-on effect on production costs, many large companies have had to raise they RRP's several times over past year and half, they aren't trying to scam us! they need to make a profit to continue as a company.

And of course as most UK business go, it follows the chain of; retailer (Tartybikes or whoever) - distributor (where the retailer obtains their stock) - manufacturer (self explanitory). Each one of these areas has to make something on the product.

I think that to release a frame; at the current exchange rate, the current economic climate, and still beat competition by selling at a substantial amount less than a competetor company is not bad going. £339 isn't bad at all.

And after all that I'm going to say the bike isn't for me at all, I'm not a fan of the long low streety stuff but then Onza have all riding styles covered with this and their other frames to accomodate and suit just about anyones riding tastes.

Good stuff!

Christ you are annoying!, a reputable UK trials company which has been producing bikes and p&a for over a decade, and your calling the shots?.

They have had prototypes of this frame so they can assess the geometry and tweak it to make a nice riding bike, you've only taken in consideration the wheelbase when of course as with any geometry it has to have some proportion with the rest of the lengths/heights. if your that concerned why not just move your wheel back in your dropouts by a centimetre, then your 5mm away from your orgasmical 1030!

And from the sounds of it you also have no common sense.

The whole cycle industry has had a massive drain, you probably don't know that the current exchange rate is terrible, as most cycle items are produced overseas this of course has a direct knock-on effect on production costs, many large companies have had to raise they RRP's several times over past year and half, they aren't trying to scam us! they need to make a profit to continue as a company.

And of course as most UK business go, it follows the chain of; retailer (Tartybikes or whoever) - distributor (where the retailer obtains their stock) - manufacturer (self explanitory). Each one of these areas has to make something on the product.

I think that to release a frame; at the current exchange rate, the current economic climate, and still beat competition by selling at a substantial amount less than a competetor company is not bad going. £339 isn't bad at all.

And after all that I'm going to say the bike isn't for me at all, I'm not a fan of the long low streety stuff but then Onza have all riding styles covered with this and their other frames to accomodate and suit just about anyones riding tastes.

Good stuff!

LOL okay.

There are already about 60 frames with the same geo, make something different? and you can buy some frames on tarty for less than 200 quid, so why is this 400? onza frames used to be cheap, because they have good designs now, they have doubled the price?

LOL okay.

There are already about 60 frames with the same geo, make something different? and you can buy some frames on tarty for less than 200 quid, so why is this 400? onza frames used to be cheap, because they have good designs now, they have doubled the price?

There are NO frames out there with the same geo, Yes you can buy frames for less then £200 but they will all have to look pretty much the same as simple straight tubes cost a lot less then complex curved tubes. They also have next to no CNC work on them neither. I'm not nocking them as we have one at that price point 'The Blade' Simple tubing = a less expensive price tag.

What frame price have we doubled?

Really, please will you just read this next bit carfully.......The RRP is £339!!!

Regarding the disc mount, Sorry not on this model but maybe on the second batch.

The Master is just a rock ring, Karl Runs both due to preferance. The rest of the range runs both so the customer has the choice of running bash plate & Bash ring or they can just take the bash plate off if they are more confident.

Edited by Joe@Onza

The Master is just a rock ring, Karl Runs both due to preferance. The rest of the range runs both so the customer has the choice of running bash plate & Bash ring or they can just take the bash plate off if they are more confident.

Weird how the top of the range models do it though.

• 2 months later...
The only thing I don't like about the appearance has got to be those skulls, they just look kind of, i don't know, like something you'd have on a pre 11 year olds' bike? No doubt I'm about the only person to think that but ahh well. Shape of the frame looks nice though...

+ 1

I like the bike, but not the skulls.