Onza Limey 3 2009 Jack Meek

JackMeek

I have been Looking around for a new bike and it has also lead me into Joining in the Onza bikes Team. I am really stoked on this.

The limey 3 has ticked every box for what i want in a bike.

I used to ride a koxx karbon which Kenny belayes knowlege lead to one of the best frames i think has ever been on the market For Bike Trials.

So i was nervous about the transfer across to something new.

I looked at the Geometry and it was so similar.

Take a look at what tartybikes says. http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...;category_id=14

I have got a pic of a full build of that very frame and it ride so sweet it is nuts.

Any Questions Im here or FB

post-19892-1247828941_thumb.jpg

post-19892-1247829819_thumb.jpg

post-19892-1247829913_thumb.jpg

Its a Kenda Front 2.35 so it is pretty light. Same as Gilles Coustelliers unbranded tyre. Just used a DH tube with 46+48 wide rim worked with both i use 32psi im 13stone and i dont get pinches from drop gaps or when the back catched somthing on Natural it is so amazing and it has a stupid amount of grip out doing the maxxis high roller you can do all this contenetal fad that is going on but take a spare tube with you once you get a punture. Scwabler have some new stuff coming which looks good.

Cant remember the tyre but when i was last with porter he had a really good continetal tyre. Any one got any ideas what it is?

Think it was called somthing like CONTI KING

Edited by JackMeek

Awesome, im running a 2.5 Kenda Nevegal, only 900gs, and the grip is ridiculous! Booning sideways up a tree trunk with ease! Ive been running a continental Mountain King 2.4, despite being only 780g's, the grip not that good. I think James was running a Rain King? On the Schwable tyres, im running the Rocket Ron upfront, grips well and droped 200g's with it instantly as it only weighs 480g!

Enought weight weenie talk! :P Get your forks polished like the rear end ;)

It was the white one you had a go on Exactly the same set up for geometry but lots of little bits to make it lighter and 2 new lighter tyres.

I will find out its weight tomorrow at a bikeshop when i pick a wheel for another bike.

Hello is the 3rd picture across taken at the bike radar live show 2009, near east midland's airport ie: The yellow jumbo and the construction work on site for motocross at donington park,

because my profile pic's were taken there but I didn't see the limey 3 but I went on a limey 3 Mod or something this guy said .

Awesome pic.

nice one jack! I hope you get one great with the bike and the team!

BUT, I have to disagree about the Kenda out gripping a Maxxis! I saw a great test with two bikes and two riders hopping up a slope. the bike with keda tyres couldn't grip with either riders and neither of them made it to the top however both riders managed it first time on the bike with Maxxis tyres on! PLUS I have a deformed thumb because of a slipping kenda tyre!

It was.

You were on joe seddons bike. Limey 3 20" prototype. Im hoping like hell that becomes availble. There is only one. :(

You missed limey3 26" They were not out on the test range. But me and Ben Savage had ours there at bike radar.

nice one jack! I hope you get one great with the bike and the team!

BUT, I have to disagree about the Kenda out gripping a Maxxis! I saw a great test with two bikes and two riders hopping up a slope. the bike with keda tyres couldn't grip with either riders and neither of them made it to the top however both riders managed it first time on the bike with Maxxis tyres on! PLUS I have a deformed thumb because of a slipping kenda tyre!

Cheers Ali.

Back to the tyre Ha ha ha I feel a debate. Ok Ok Lets look at this another way. Im feeling at this stage that it is more grippy. You are right about slipping out on a edge on natural i presume with the kenda but if you let it see a bit of tarmac concrete or dry logs or plastic surfaces it has an edge over the maxxis. Also perfect brake setup will prove the winner.

Was it a real test? or comp situation?

Ps I still have my maxxis still in the shed no way am i disrespecting that tyre i love it.

the test was a sloping scaffold block with a plastic board. :rolleyes: the bikes brakes both were locked, just the one with keda tyres couldn't get grip and maxxis could. I had a kenda on when riding some rocks in blackburn, on one slope it slipped and put me on my ass :- ....not a fan

The weight was pretty good came in at 9.5 kg. Is that an alright weight im not actually sure.

Ahhh ok, good to see some people's onza are working. I just snapped mine. :(

x

Where did yours snap/crack at? what model?

Hello Jack how you doing long time no see. Glad things are going well on the trials scene for you, like the bike looks tasty. Ive just finished building an inspired up so i can start riding again, have a look its under "black beauty" just above this thred on bike pics. Dan Slyfield showed me a couple of your vids aand i was very imprssed, we should all sort a ride out some time im very keen to ride reading. Hope you are well mate :D