Magura With Onza Hog Drilled

wee neil

Hi there, I can't honestly say i've ever heard of it being done :S.

The edges of the holes might actually give the pads an edge to bite onto giving it good grip but I think it would be murder on your pads to be honest.

I think the best idea would be to stick with a disc rather than shelling out money for a magura , just to find that you would have to buy/build a new wheel.

If your Hope brake isn't powerful enough for you as it is you could always try a larger rotor. :turned:

cheers

Edited by zoobert

The edges of the holes might actually give the pads an edge to bite onto giving it good grip but I think it would be murder on your pads to be honest.

I think the best idea would be to stick with a disc rather than shelling out money for a magura , just to find that you would have to buy/build a new wheel.

If your Hope brake isn't powerful enough for you as it is you could always try a larger rotor. :turned:

cheers

Do larget rotors increase the power alot?

I can't see how they do.

Unless the pads are bigger aswell.

More pads touching the metal- more power? :S

Mat.

I was thinking about trying a bigger rotor too... :giggle:

Yeah. It's because with a larger rotor you have more leverage as the calliper is further out on the wheel... Try spinning your wheel and stopping it at the hub (hard isn't it?) then try stopping it with the tyre (easy?).

P.S I Suggest you don't try that as you might catch your finger in a spoke and that might hurt :rolleyes:

Neil.

I was thinking about trying a bigger rotor too... :giggle:

Yeah. It's because with a larger rotor you have more leverage as the calliper is further out on the wheel... Try spinning your wheel and stopping it at the hub (hard isn't it?) then try stopping it with the tyre (easy?).

P.S I Suggest you don't try that as you might catch your finger in a spoke and that might hurt :rolleyes:

Neil.

Haha!

Good idea!

THanks pal :)

Yeah seems to make sense :))

Mat.

:)

I already have a Hope Mono Trial but its just not powerful enough and I prefer the feel of the Magura. I think I'll just need to buy a new rim too. (N)

Neil

mon trials are plenty powerful enough...tried a bigger rotor? bad blled? contam'd pads?

cheers

it works fine.... joe seddon used one for ages with a grind

I can't see how they do.

Unless the pads are bigger aswell.

More pads touching the metal- more power? :S

Mat.

yup, more leverage off the hub. KInda controversial that... less pad material would result in more pressure if you think about it, although large3r pads woulkd have a bigger surface for stopping and heat dissipation.

it wont work,maggies are too powerful,it will destroy the sidewall in a minute

Nope....it works fine, takes a very weak rim to be crushed by a magura.

mon trials are plenty powerful enough...tried a bigger rotor? bad blled? contam'd pads?

it works fine.... joe seddon used one for ages with a grind

yup, more leverage off the hub. KInda controversial that... less pad material would result in more pressure if you think about it, although large3r pads woulkd have a bigger surface for stopping and heat dissipation.

Nope....it works fine, takes a very weak rim to be crushed by a magura.

Thanks for the help pal!

:)

Mat.

I have the wheel also.

to be honest mate, even if it did work the holes would just rip that pads :S

I'm guessing.

Not worth taking the risk anyway :)

I suggest a Disc.

Mat.

Yea it would hurt the pad if not rip them out you would be going through pads like no tomorrow, try and get a hydrolic disc or a avid bb7 '08 of tarty bikes here the web link:

http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/product.php?pr...category_id=514

hope ive helped good luck with everything mate. (Y)

Alex.

Some one who lives near me did it. Worked brillaintly i thought, Had an amazing bite on it. Pad's lasted about a month or two though. But anyways it work's fine so you can do it. Just use magura black's anyother pad i would say would last a day max.