Your Fave Rider.

Laurence--Trials

my fav rider is a lad i learnt off called ed robson. Never met anyone like him, he's creative like danny mac on 20 inch unreal to watch we saw danny mac trying tailwhips he then took it further was trying gap whips never landed one but unreal too see his efforts. also only person i ever seen crankflip on a rail landing into a gap full commitment no recovery hops. he loved ryan leech. unfortuntly hes moved and i dont think he rides no more. never made a vid either great talent.

also tra awesome talent hand broken and still show people how to go on alot of respect.

and brett penfold riding a phase 1 with all original parts and would destroy 90%riders pure awesome rider

my fav rider is a lad i learnt off called ed robson. Never met anyone like him, he's creative like danny mac on 20 inch unreal to watch we saw danny mac trying tailwhips he then took it further was trying gap whips never landed one but unreal too see his efforts. also only person i ever seen crankflip on a rail landing into a gap full commitment no recovery hops. he loved ryan leech. unfortuntly hes moved and i dont think he rides no more. never made a vid either great talent.

also tra awesome talent hand broken and still show people how to go on alot of respect.

and brett penfold riding a phase 1 with all original parts and would destroy 90%riders pure awesome rider

Has he got any videos ?

its hard for me to try and find a rider who inspires me to ride, as im gettin on a bit as trials riders go now, so they all seem like new guys to me!, lol

id have to say, carles diaz spanish rider, always has been a monster on 20", rides 26" pretty good too, and a really top bloke too! also he's few years older than me, and still mega, so inspired me to keep riding!

Closer to home, there's only one guy really (not meaning to get all gay on you) i ride with him most days, we'v traveled the world riding bikes on stuff, off stuff, over stuff, had a few beers along the way and having an absolute blast for the last 12 years or so, ABSOLUTE LEGEND! LOL !! Dan Butler

Rob,

o and if danny mak is a trials rider, why have i never seen him at a trial?? haha that will get you street lads blood boiling! Dont get me wrong, i think he's mega on a bike, does some amazing tricks, but its deffo more bmx than trials. and there are a lot of awsome bmxers who have been doing it for years!

rob xx

o and if danny mak is a trials rider, why have i never seen him at a trial?? haha that will get you street lads blood boiling! Dont get me wrong, i think he's mega on a bike, does some amazing tricks, but its deffo more bmx than trials. and there are a lot of awsome bmxers who have been doing it for years!

when was it you had to do a trial to be classed as a trials rider. anyway 75% of the british trials scene have probally not done a comp (if thats what you mean by TRIAL). Alot of riders nowadays only ride street. And, before you say I'm a street rider, let me tell you, I ride naty just as much, if not more than street as I live in a tiny place called lochgilphead on the west coast of scotland.

Yes, a comp is otherwise known as a trial, and has been for over 100 years since motorbike trials started.

Danny is a wierd breed, he does ride trials, but it's definately very heavily influenced by BMX and MTB street.

Scott, calm the f**k down. Rob expressed an opinion and raised some very valid points.

thought there was a clue in the name sorry "trials rider" rider of trials, a trial being another name for a competition, a trials bike being the bike used to ride the trial, and the trials rider being the guy in the bike riding the trial, thats where i aways thought the name of the sport originated from, Im not saying if your not riding a comp your not trials riding, i go out and practice on naty stuff and on street stuff, but at end of the day its all just good practice for when theres a trial,

thats how it was in my day!, lol

rob

haha, thats what i was trying to say muel, you must have posted as i was writing mine!, lol

Edited by robonatomz

couldnt agree more, im inspired by jack carthy, ryan crisp and chris vibert all younger then me and loads better top guys too!

rob xx

For that and that alone, I'm going to have sex with you while you sleep purely because you're awesome for that sentence!

find me a vid of a bmx rider who can do the same moves as danny mac then :)

he's doing streetTRIALs riding, which is impossible on a bmx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fILkMQzL8 not that easy to do on a bmx don't you think :P

Edited by chimpanzyyyy

Can we leave this now? We've all got different opinions, and this debate is never going to get finished.

He rides a form of trials that's so heavily influenced by BMX and street MTB that it's not really trials any more. Trials means doing sections without putting your feet down, simple as that. It's been around since the 1920s ish in motorbike form. So if you're a purist then no, it's not trials at all.

Anyway, back on topic.

Edited by Muel