Help !

tiger  rider

Hi,

I have asked for help with pedal hopping and it is helping, thank you for your replies, but the biggest problem with trails riding is keeping my front tyre up while trying pedal hops, backhops, wheelies , ect.

Please can you help me with my problem

looking forward to your replies, thank you

You know you don't have to make a topic for every problem to do with pedal hopping. :P

anyway, do you have your wheel high when you try these things because if your wheel isant high enough then you wont be able to maintain control of it ;)

if that makes sence :mellow:

Edited by Jamie_Trials

Hi,

I have asked for help with pedal hopping and it is helping, thank you for your replies, but the biggest problem with trails riding is keeping my front tyre up while trying pedal hops, backhops, wheelies , ect.

Mate i have the exact same problem lol

And it bug's me, i guess you just have to keep trying until you find a method witch suites your still !

Mate i have the exact same problem lol

And it bug's me, i guess you just have to keep trying until you find a method witch suites your still !

You hit the nail on the head. You'll get it eventually, dont let the trying put you off trials, when you get it a whole new world or riding opens up for you.

You hit the nail on the head. You'll get it eventually, dont let the trying put you off trials, when you get it a whole new world or riding opens up for you.

Lol thanks mate !

And to be honest isnt that what trials is all about, not copying other people but creating your own style and technique, to be honest thats why i got into it !

Hi,

The only thing i can really say is try and lean back a little. After doing that (and falling off a few times just like i did) you will learn over time mate.

Hope i helped you.

Laurence.

thanks for the advice guys but i have my wheel high enough and i am leaning back, its just when you try to attempt one of these moves you have to keep on your back wheel on the ground and you have to do that thing were you get your front wheel up from the ground and you have to kick your pedals to get the front up get up i can't stop going forward and when i hit my brakes my front wheel goes back on the ground and i am pulling on my handle bars and leaning back and i end up on the floor, and i practice all the time when i am at my dads.

By the sounds of it you are trying to hop when moving forward. I'd say Your best to try hopping on the spot first, then once you've got that nailed learn to hop forwards.

Also try tilting your bars and see what feels best for you! (Y)

Hope this helped!

Neil.

Seeing as no one else has really posted any useful to help this guy then I will make an effort.

Take a look here mate: http://www.trashzen.com/pedal-kick-basics.php

It's all about pedal control, braking power, and balance.

IMO, it's best to learn to trackstand well first and maybe even wheelie.

I'm sure on other bikes you have owned you have tried to wheelie and it always made you happy when you got a good one.

Well those good ones aren't just luck, you get good at stuff by practising it!

Just bend your knees in a way which feels natural to you when you're up on the back wheel,

and make sure you don't rush anything.

Always keep everything flowing and at a sensible speed.

Don't try to copy any other riders styles.

Now go out there and ride!

Edited by Horndean Trials