So I'm Looking To Start Trials

~Samsam~

I think it's about time I took up a new hobby/sport and I think trials seems like the right thing to pick.

I have a few friends that do it so I'm not totally jumping into the dark but they ride mods and I'm thinking about starting on a stock bike (Though ultimately I'm interested in riding a 24", I can't afford to start off on one)

But I've had a few problems, mainly money and secondly parents.

I don't have that much money to get me started as I'm out of a job and I'm starting uni in September so my budget really is £300 max and hopefully it will be less than that.

My parents went beserk (really really beserk) when I started talking about getting a bike without a seat, so it has to have a seat, otherwise I will get disowned, seriously!

This didn't leave me with much choice on what to start with, the best, I think , is an Onza Spyrogyra.

I'm quite tall at 6'2" and I'm not exactly lightweight either, but I'm not overweight or anything like that.

Was wondering if you could shoot some advice my way about my bike choice, is it a good starter? Or could I do better?

And yea, it's sad that I'm 18 and I'm still not allowed to buy a bike without a seat ;(

Your best bet is to get yourself validated (more posts like this will get you validated pretty fast as you're obviously someone who has a good grasp of the English language!).

Once you're validated keep an eye out in the For Sale part of the forum, make a topic in the Wanted section too. for that kind of money it's always more advisable to buy a second hand bike than something brand new.

As for the seat thing, as much as I'm all about seats I don't think you should write off a bike because of it.. Don't spend your hard earned cash on second best if the best bike for your money has no seat! I mean come on man, I don't know your background or anything about you, but what I do know is that you're 18 and you really shouldn't be having to answer to your parents about such a trivial matter!

I mean god damn! That's unbelievable.

Aye nichols is right your 18 man , a young MAN!!

"Under our roof under our rules" and all that aside what damage is it going to do not having a seat 300 notes you should be able to get a nice little starter bike. Just do some research on the forum you'll find so much help and advice, most of the guys/gals on the forum are more than willing to help out with any questions you have.

Get a bike , get started and stick at it ......Its great :D

Edited by Mtchell

i have just started back into this sport myself & have spoken at lenghth to the guys at tarty bikes possibly the most helpful guys in the mtb scene i have ever spoken to they just seem to be stoked that you are taking up this style of riding a bike ! and more than happy to give advice whether it be 24" 26" or mod seriously give them a call you won't regret it !

regards stu

I think it's about time I took up a new hobby/sport and I think trials seems like the right thing to pick.

I have a few friends that do it so I'm not totally jumping into the dark but they ride mods and I'm thinking about starting on a stock bike (Though ultimately I'm interested in riding a 24", I can't afford to start off on one)

But I've had a few problems, mainly money and secondly parents.

I don't have that much money to get me started as I'm out of a job and I'm starting uni in September so my budget really is £300 max and hopefully it will be less than that.

My parents went beserk (really really beserk) when I started talking about getting a bike without a seat, so it has to have a seat, otherwise I will get disowned, seriously!

This didn't leave me with much choice on what to start with, the best, I think , is an Onza Spyrogyra.

I'm quite tall at 6'2" and I'm not exactly lightweight either, but I'm not overweight or anything like that.

Was wondering if you could shoot some advice my way about my bike choice, is it a good starter? Or could I do better?

And yea, it's sad that I'm 18 and I'm still not allowed to buy a bike without a seat ;(

For that price i would say. onza cleaner or hitman i allways forget one is really bad aparently or mod onza t-bird you can get for about £150

Hope i helped

Laurence.

Tell your mom that with a seat on its dangerous well that's what i found anyway the other day on my friends prodigy when he had a seat on got my balls caught on it when wheeling off a bench ouch :( .

hes got a good point there. my seat on my MTB tries to embed its self up my butt some times. i dont really like that at all.

talk to tarty and maybe give the guys at webcyclery.com a ring too. i dont know if the 1-800 numbers are free for you guys in the UK. get as many opinions as you can. then go back to you parents if you have to and explain to them the pros and cons. something like; i can keep the family line going if i dont have a seat and if i have a seat ill be slowly ad painfully castrated. >_<

check out biketrialseller.com. he has good stuff by companies like echo for incredible prices. his shipping is kinds high but probably still cheaper than webcyclery or tarty.

you should really have that rule as you are 18, thats just unjustified.

just remember to not get caught up in all the blah. go ride and have fun!