Diy Armourdillo Pad.

2FST4U

Not sure if anyone is bothered with protecting their frame. I ride quite a lot of rocks and don't want to dent my frame. I've come up with this as i can't get an armourdillo pad as they are no longer made. Yes i will do the cable ties again to space them the same ;) . Could save you some hard earned cash.

SNC00209.jpg

If you cant see your downtube you have something either, Wrong with your frame or something wrong with your eyes! :lol:

Ofcourse I can see the downtube, It's just if you're riding past someone on the road they're not going to quickly throw thereselves down of the ground to look underneath it so see it's scratched or not and be amazed if it's not because of some peice of black foam protecting it?

Edited by Horndean Trials

...it keeps the frame looking nice and maintains a higher re-sale value, use your brain.

I agree, if you're into keeping your investment in nice shape, then go for it.

Personally, I don't care for the blue zip ties though.

i had an armourdillo on my 06 cls zoo python, i took it off and sold it for a fiver because i wanted a pizza, after that the frame got dented pretty much evry minute so i swapped it for a czar. But this lad i know is selling a brand new armourdillo still in it's original sack for a tenner so i will probs invest in that. He's also selling a mint condition koxx xtp with these try all fluro rims if anyones interested.

Not trying to make a sale or anything because its not even my bike, just letting people know.

and my bodge job armourdillo consists of spokes wrapped in duck tape, cloth and some cable ties, but it's wa*k so dont even try it.

Not sure if anyone is bothered with protecting their frame. I ride quite a lot of rocks and don't want to dent my frame. I've come up with this as i can't get an armourdillo pad as they are no longer made. Yes i will do the cable ties again to space them the same ;) . Could save you some hard earned cash.

SNC00209.jpg

dude i got an armadilo pad if u want it,its in gd condition apart from the usual snags and tags on it u welcome to it if u want man it comes in a case and stuff,i got no use for it no more

messege bck

adam.

dude i got an armadilo pad if u want it,its in gd condition apart from the usual snags and tags on it u welcome to it if u want man it comes in a case and stuff,i got no use for it no more

messege bck

adam.

Thanks for the offer mate but i'm actually quite happy with this.

Cheers again.