Weight Loss

onzatrip

Right...

I've got a pitbull 06 stock, however...i think its a bit porky in its current state, so im thinking about dropping some weight on it.

Spec is as follows:

echo hifi stem

old zoo bars

pro2 on bmf rear

kmc k710

dmr v8s

conti mountian king 2.4 rear

conti mountian king 2.2 front

hope xc on mavic x618 front

hope headset

echo cranks

tensile half bashring

fsa platinum bb

203 bb7

rear 05 magura with echo blade

whats your views/opinions on this? any more suggestions?

I'm contemplating :

* I will be changing frames when i have money for the stinger

* changing the rear wheel if it really is that heavy?

I wouldn't consider myself a basher anymore....but I'm sure someone who i ride with will be able to voice their opinion on this...

If I were you I'd strip the bike down, make a spreadsheet and weigh everything, then work how much you could possibly save by changing certain parts, but do it for the lowest price possible.

Oh wait, I did. :P

Maybe try getting your frame adonized. What tubes are you running? If you are running a front disc then it is lighter to run front rim brake.

what you mean about being adonized ?? im running conti mtb tubes i will be changing to front rim brake

Adonizing is a way of colouring your frame, http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....howtopic=140554 example for you there. Most parts are coloured using this. It will save weight because it removes a bit of the material so if you were wanting to save those last few grams as well as making it look pimp then go for that.

Your front wheel is probably letting you down as well. If you are going to go front rim brake get a non disc hub (these can go as little as 60g) and a nice light rim (Y)

EDIT: as said change your pedals too, I recomend the trialtech magnesium ones, they are super good and will save you nearly 200g.(Y)

Edited by Duncy H