Music

trials-boy

Hi i was just wondering if any one listens to music when riding ?

does it help keep your mind of the people watching you ? i have noticed it putes my off :$

I do, but not for the sake of ignoring people but for the music.

I also found it helps me get in the right mood/mindset/attitude to keep my spirits up when i fail. I started riding a week ago so there is a lot of failing at the moment ;)

I always listen to metal during riding. For me...biking is a way of escaping from daily life and stress from work so listening to music and bike riding is my way of relaxing.

But like others said, gets me in the mood.

Plus with me living in China, it helps me to ignore the Chinese people commenting on "white devil on the seatless bike"

Sometimes I listen to some decent DnB before I go out for a ride :P

Seriously though, I stick on some High Contrast, it relaxes me and I think It makes me actually ride a littler better.

high contrast for the win!!!!! or drum n bass or dub :D

oli xx

I always listen to metal during riding. For me...biking is a way of escaping from daily life and stress from work so listening to music and bike riding is my way of relaxing.

But like others said, gets me in the mood.

Plus with me living in China, it helps me to ignore the Chinese people commenting on "white devil on the seatless bike"

They actually call you a white devil?

Yh definatly nothing like a bit of dubstep, Who you into ?

Gotta love the dubstep!

To add to my earlier point.

I was riding home from work last night and i'm thinking that it was not really raining, it was someone dumping a lake on me. I have actually fallen into pools and ended up less wet than i was when i got home. Anyhow, it sucked big time. Untill i remebered that i had some Gentleman, Alpha Blondy and Bob Marley somewhere on my player. Two minutes later i'm riding along and all the rain in the world could not get my mood down. Suddenly the day was awesome and it felt great just riding home :D

Of course different situations/moods call for different music but i still feel that the one thing that has saved my day more times then anything else is my mp3-player.

Edited by belga

Yh definatly nothing like a bit of dubstep, Who you into ?

Chase and status mainly. The drops they produce are amazin.

Oh, and I always ride trials with my ipod now, it's epic, Just don't try and do tricks to music :P

Edited by iAdam

I've got a bit put of from biking with music since a year back, I was running my MTB through town and crashed head on with a car.. we met just on a corner and I would prolly have heard the car if I was without music ^^

..so since then, I havnt been riding with music.. But mabbe I should give it a try again ;) Just staying out of the traffic ^^

I'll go with Rhapsody or Megadeth tomorrow to give it a try for the mood-swing!