Ultimate Inner Tube!

hoots man

Puncture proof inner tube

United States Patent 6418991

Abstract:

An improved pneumatic tube formed from a semi-rigid, air-tight rubber core encased by a plurality of thin, armoring Kevlar layers bonded to the exterior wall of the core. The composition can be used as inner tubing for cars, bikes, motorcycles, planes, and any kind of vehicle having a pneumatic inner tube. It can also be formed into a puncture proof rubber raft

can anyone get anything like these?

Actually, kevlar can be very light, depending on the thickness required to stop a puncture. My concern would be that it probably would not stop pinch flats still, as the kevlar only provides impact resistance as such. I would image it would cost a fortune and inevitably only be available in road bike sized tubes!

Terry!!! Never realised you were on here...

Can't say I know where you'd get some from, do you know any more about it? Sounds like it could be pretty expensive, and would it do anything against pinches?

EDIT: woah you're quick

Edited by Skoze

Terry!!! Never realised you were on here...

Can't say I know where you'd get some from, do you know any more about it? Sounds like it could be pretty expensive, and would it do anything against pinches?

EDIT: woah you're quick

i was for a while but never got into it.

dont know much more about it, think has hasnt been produced yet.ha. i think it could work though, in all the technology of the world there must be a way to make this kind of tube. i hope.

The thorn proof tubes are heavy.

They don't stop snake bites and have the added bonus of ejaculating green slime into your tyre, so fixing it is messy as well as frustrating

A semi rigid core would also hamper grip?

We run tyres at low pressures is to increase the traction, adding extra stiffness would surely be detrimental to that?

I was just wondering, all those examples show higher air pressure applications, how well would it fare on pressures of 20 PSI or lower?

They 'burp' the air out the sides when the tyre folds off the rim, fatmike ran his front wheel tubeless for a while but it wasnt good enough for the rear :)

http://www.notubes.com/support_movies.php also claims to stop pinchflats, wonder if its possible to try on a drilled rim?

thats the thing, our drilled rims. low pressures make it harder to make air tight as well but could be possible.

Just buy a Rain King/Der Kaiser and never get punctures and be done with it.

yet to try conti's tyres. minions ant the moment and have done for ages. reckon conti next though.

I was just wondering, all those examples show higher air pressure applications, how well would it fare on pressures of 20 PSI or lower?

am going to try it. get that stuff on trade so its worth it, i will let you know how it goes. lol, i have my dowts though.