Chris King Hub Queries

snoolax

hi everyone,

i have some ck hubs questions to ask...

1. i am running a ck rear hub but i am not sure which of the hubs is it (from ck site). My hub itself(like all ck hubs i guess) doesnt have any indication for me to look how for, how can i know which of the ck hub i am running?

2. My ck rear hub makes a very long continuous, click sound during free wheeling(coasting), does CK produce any silent hubs?

thanks for all help! =)

hmmm because i am riding mix street and trials and i love to hear the tire sound? :P actually its mainly because i like in a pretty congested area and i ride a lot at night.. but well its just a out of curious question. currently i am running shimano old slilent clutch hub on my streety bike. Its dead silent. The ck is on my pure 26, but just thinking of transfering over.

anyway here is a pic =)

3951727316_9392f83737.jpg

Tis a chris king classic, standard non disk rear hub, looks to be a standard QR axle aswell :)

The king whirr is inevitable Im afraid, you can quieten it down by using a thicker oil in there but its not recommended for trials use as its possibly more likely to skip. It shouldnt be too offensive though, no more than tyre buzz off a big DH tyre, that is unless someone has stretched the spring.

Tis a chris king classic, standard non disk rear hub, looks to be a standard QR axle aswell :)

The king whirr is inevitable Im afraid, you can quieten it down by using a thicker oil in there but its not recommended for trials use as its possibly more likely to skip. It shouldnt be too offensive though, no more than tyre buzz off a big DH tyre, that is unless someone has stretched the spring.

thanks forteh! i am not really bothered bout the clicking, just curious only =)

a out of topic request, anyone can help me identify these brakes?

3953513822_a2415f81e6.jpg

3953511860_932ac09612.jpg

not sure which series of the brakes do they belong to.. thanks!