Sort A Brother Out?

Jaffacakes

Pretty much, this is the low down...

Im flying with turkish airlines in 12 days, and im taking my surfboard.

Im also thinking, that putting my surfboard in the hold of the plane (let alone a turkish plane) is pretty risky. Ive heard alot of board snapping stories. So if anyone has any fragile stickers kicking around, from moving house or what ever, I would love you if you sent me them, ill send you some £ or some jaffacakes for your troubles.

Please help. much love

This is going to sound stupid, but if you can wrap it in something pink then do it.

Royal Mail did a test, they sent 1000 "normal" jiffy bags to different address and 1000 pink bags to the same address.

About 100 of the "normal" jiffy bags went missing, NONE of the pink ones did.

The reason ?

People will always remember a bright pink bag, so they will take more care of it (Y)

We have in our office a big box of rolls and rolls of fragile tape, I can pick some up for you on sunday, and post them out if you want? PM me.

That would be amazing if you could dude, I'll PM you my address now

People will always remember a bright pink bag, so they will take more care of it (Y)

My board bag is bright red, im (as) not worried about it going missing. Just about some retard baggage handler throwing it around, and piling heavy stuff ontop of it. there not exactly strong, if I had it in my hand and ran into a wall, it'd snap in half, let alone piling stuff ontop of it and crushing, denting it.

So all bags should be pink?

I doubt fragile tape will make much difference to be honest. I would pack it well with bubble wrap and maybe a bit of 2x4 running the length of the board so they can't bend it?

NEVER put fragile on anything going in a plane - if they're gonna throw anything it'll be whatever has fragile on.

Thats probebly sickeningly true. I am wrapping the board in bubble wrap, wetsuit, clothes and towels as well as the board bag, so hopefully it gives it some protection :ermm:

I wish people wernt such dickheads

This is going to sound stupid, but if you can wrap it in something pink then do it.

Royal Mail did a test, they sent 1000 "normal" jiffy bags to different address and 1000 pink bags to the same address.

About 100 of the "normal" jiffy bags went missing, NONE of the pink ones did.

The reason ?

to be honest i doubt that 1/10 parcels went missing with std jiffy bags, royal mail are pretty mint imo and their reputation is normally tarnished with morons that dont send things out on time and blame royal mail for the delay.

to be honest i doubt that 1/10 parcels went missing with std jiffy bags, royal mail are pretty mint imo and their reputation is normally tarnished with morons that dont send things out on time and blame royal mail for the delay.

Ditto. The vast majority of employees are pretty committed - I know a couple of posties and people that work in processing, they're pretty down to Earth, honest people and I'd certainly trust them with my mail.

Royal Mail are world renowned for speed and accuracy - sure you may have had a bad experience with them; though the mail they process daily must be absolutely massive and I trust their damaged goods/lost mail percentage is low in comparison.