Race And Intelligence The Final Taboo.

Al_Fel

To suggest that not developing was a conscious decision is laughable.

Not Laughable at all.

Again it takes the viewers definition of developing.

Building massive industries is not development to a tribe that have values placed elsewhere.

Many "Primative tribes" in South America, America and Around Australiasia took that conscious decision to remain "in balance with nature" and educated it to their offspring.

They didn't have the foresight to make such a decision actively.

Some people may, now, after coming into contact with more 'developed' societies decide that's not what they want but them not getting there themselves because they chose not to, uninfluenced, isn't true.

Edited by Spider Lad

I'd agree that that the less conecptually developed people wouldn't be able to make a conscious decision to avoid development however I would suggest that people may make a conscious decision not to spend time engaged in behaviours neccesary to develop. In other words, if your culture really emphasises your connection with the environment, then you're probably going to spend more time connecting with it, perhaps via spritual means or non-conecptual contemplation, than you are going to spend time thinking and conecptualizing about it. That's where the conscious choice lies. It's between the different activities, although there lacks an awareness of what exactly one is missing out on, in terms of conceptualization and technology by not spending more time thinking and conecptualizing. Not pursuing thought to the degree we do may even suggest a deeper level of contentment. Perhaps.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

They didn't have the foresight to make such a decision actively.

Some people may, now, after coming into contact with more 'developed' societies decide that's not what they want but them not getting there themselves because they chose not to, uninfluenced, isn't true.

Hmmmm..

They made a conscious decision not to rape the land- Development in a western sense.

Otherwise....................................They would have.

Their teachings involved and still do involve, not depleting resources till they are in danger of disappearing - Development in the western sense.

I'm afraid i believe the "Modern Western Man is the stupidest of all the races" and is in fact made up of all of them, thus proving we are all as stupid as each other.

Hmmmm..

They made a conscious decision not to rape the land- Development in a western sense.

Otherwise....................................They would have.

Their teachings involved and still do involve, not depleting resources till they are in danger of disappearing - Development in the western sense.

I'm afraid i believe the "Modern Western Man is the stupidest of all the races" and is in fact made up of all of them, thus proving we are all as stupid as each other.

I think we have to specify what we mean by intelligence. Western man, in terms of conceptual intelligence relating to activities such as science, mathematics, etc. is way ahead of anywhere else. At the same time, western man lacks self awareness in a non-conceptual sense (lacks intuition) and this allows him to act stupidly. Conceptual intelligence is only a small portion of the humans entirity in terms of how he can orientate himself in the world. I suppose we can call this intuition a type of intelligence but at the same time it still needs to be differentiated from conceptual intelligence. Consequently, when we talk of intelligence we need to specify what type of intelligence we are refering to. As opposed to saying that one type of intelligence represents intelligence as a whole we need to say instead that good intuitive intelligence only means good intuitive intelligence. Somebody can still be conceptually intelligent whilst being intuitively stupid.

I think I'd prefer to say that western man is mentally ill with his exclusion of intuitive awareness which would actually allow him to properly intergrate himself into the world rather than destroying it for such superficial gains such as cars, money, status, etc. We're all acting against one of our strongest drives (survival) for such short lived gains. This is true of everyone of you that reads this and it's true of me.

Edited by Ben Rowlands

That was quite interesting, but they left it a bit open to interpretation.

Someone needs to compare children of all races from the same background/area, that way there could be no excuses.

Seems like every piece of data for either side is being collected unfairly at the moment.

In my opinion though, it seems unlikely that people of African origins would match european and east asian levels of intelligence otherwise they would have developed a lot quicker in their own societies. Like someone has already said, it seems as if they have made no real advancement in thousands of years

I think we have to specify what we mean by intelligence. Western man, in terms of conceptual intelligence relating to activities such as science, mathematics, etc. is way ahead of anywhere else. At the same time, western man lacks self awareness in a non-conceptual sense (lacks intuition) and this allows him to act stupidly. Conceptual intelligence is only a small portion of the humans entirity in terms of how he can orientate himself in the world. I suppose we can call this intuition a type of intelligence but at the same time it still needs to be differentiated from conceptual intelligence. Consequently, when we talk of intelligence we need to specify what type of intelligence we are refering to. As opposed to saying that one type of intelligence represents intelligence as a whole we need to say instead that good intuitive intelligence only means good intuitive intelligence. Somebody can still be conceptually intelligent whilst being intuitively stupid.

I think I'd prefer to say that western man is mentally ill with his exclusion of intuitive awareness which would actually allow him to properly intergrate himself into the world rather than destroying it for such superficial gains such as cars, money, status, etc. We're all acting against one of our strongest drives (survival) for such short lived gains. This is true of everyone of you that reads this and it's true of me.

(Y)

On Mikes point:

Modern "Industrialist man" has only really developed in a very small portion of a very long history, as in a time measured in hundreds of years, in proportion to hundreds of thousands of years of being Homo sapiens.

So the proportional difference is not that much between modern "industrialist" man and the "African tribes"

For instance if you had two pieces of string 600,000 metres long each and you coloured the last 200 or so metres in red to mark the life of industrial man, you would see how short that period is.

By saying that "industrialist man" was of the same level of intelligence as "African tribes man" for 599,800 and suddenly in the last couple of hundred metres became significantly more intelligent is absurd.

It's the fact "Industrialist man" has accelerated so much in the last few centuries, surely that shows that the level of intelligence cannot have played apart in the difference.

Ideas make ideas which lead to other ideas and on.

I think that education really is the key to the perceived intelligence gap.

Also I think that if you had to make a sweeping statement on this whole topic, I would say that Modern "Industrialist Man" is vastly more educated than "Primitive African" man not more intelligent.

Edited by Matt Vandart

(Y)

On Mikes point:

Modern "Industrialist man" has only really developed in a very small portion of a very long history, as in a time measured in hundreds of years, in proportion to hundreds of thousands of years of being Homo sapiens.

So the proportional difference is not that much between modern "industrialist" man and the "African tribes"

For instance if you had two pieces of string 600,000 metres long each and you coloured the last 200 or so metres in red to mark the life of industrial man, you would see how short that period is.

By saying that "industrialist man" was of the same level of intelligence as "African tribes man" for 599,800 and suddenly in the last couple of hundred metres became significantly more intelligent is absurd.

It's the fact "Industrialist man" has accelerated so much in the last few centuries, surely that shows that the level of intelligence cannot have played apart in the difference.

Ideas make ideas which lead to other ideas and on.

I think that education really is the key to the perceived intelligence gap.

Also I think that if you had to make a sweeping statement on this whole topic, I would say that Modern "Industrialist Man" is vastly more educated than "Primitive African" man not more intelligent.

You say that but if it happened in Europe and Asia why didn't it happen in Africa?

I have solved it!

A little girl wrote to Sarah Palin asking, "How did the human race start?". Sarah Palin answered, "God made Adam and Eve, they had children and all mankind was made."

THe next day the little girl wrote to michelle obama and asked the same question. Michelle obama answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys in africa from which the human race evolved."

The confused girl went to her father and asked, "How come Sarah Palin told me that mankind was created by God, and michelle obama told me mankind evolved from monkeys?"

Her father answeres, "Well, it's very simple . . . Sarah Palin told you about her ancestors, and michelle obama told you about hers!"

I have solved it!

A little girl wrote to Sarah Palin asking, "How did the human race start?". Sarah Palin answered, "God made Adam and Eve, they had children and all mankind was made."

THe next day the little girl wrote to michelle obama and asked the same question. Michelle obama answered, "Many years ago there were monkeys in africa from which the human race evolved."

The confused girl went to her father and asked, "How come Sarah Palin told me that mankind was created by God, and michelle obama told me mankind evolved from monkeys?"

Her father answeres, "Well, it's very simple . . . Sarah Palin told you about her ancestors, and michelle obama told you about hers!"

I was having quite a good read, until you posted that shit.

You ever told a Black racist joke to a Black man?

And by the way Frenchman, that was a really shit post.

To be honest I don't think I have. But in that respect I don't have any black friends. This isn't through choice its just its just never happened mainly because there aren't many black people around where I live.

Saying that I've met and made friends with lots of riders from all over the country but virtually none of them have been black.

To be honest I don't think I have. But in that respect I don't have any black friends. This isn't through choice its just its just never happened mainly because there aren't many black people around where I live.

Saying that I've met and made friends with lots of riders from all over the country but virtually none of them have been black.

I think his point was you probably never hear white racist jokes because you are white.

I think his point was you probably never hear white racist jokes because you are white.

I didn't think of it that way. I have however been on sickapedia and I can't think of any white jokes on there.

I'd be happy telling a black joke to a black person if I knew they wouldn't take it the wrong way and just take it as a joke.

I didn't think of it that way. I have however been on sickapedia and I can't think of any white jokes on there.

I'd be happy telling a black joke to a black person if I knew they wouldn't take it the wrong way and just take it as a joke.

Yea I agree with you, I don't think there's many white racist jokes. I think it's mainly because we're perfect.

Sickipedias audience is almost completely white males, a white racist joke wouldn't go down very well!

Yea I agree with you, I don't think there's many white racist jokes. I think it's mainly because we're perfect.

Sickipedias audience is almost completely white males, a white racist joke wouldn't go down very well!

How do you know this? or are you just assuming? I personally wouldn't be offended by a white joke because its just a joke.

How do you know this? or are you just assuming? I personally wouldn't be offended by a white joke because its just a joke.

Just quoting stats off their advertising media pack which I got a while ago. There is a certain amount of assumption in saying that it wouldn't go down well, but I'm sure I've seen some tame ones get buried quicker than Maddie did.