Honda's On The Trials Forum

isitafox

all that money spent on the b20 frankenstein conversion is pointless. dont get me wrong i would love one but your better off sticking with the 1.8 b18c6/4 or r whatever it is. they got the thickest sleeves i have heard snooping round the honda forums. the b20's suffer from det or summit.

although i could be completely wrong. just an insight.

although they sound awsome!!!! maybe i might build one for the ek.

Edited by thechink

all that money spent on the b20 frankenstein conversion is pointless. dont get me wrong i would love one but your better off sticking with the 1.8 b18c6/4 or r whatever it is. they got the thickest sleeves i have heard snooping round the honda forums. the b20's suffer from det or summit.

although i could be completely wrong. just an insight.

although they sound awsome!!!! maybe i might build one for the ek.

Its an import so it has the B18c engine, which should be off in a Eg when i find one i like.

Friend of mine is currently building a B20 engined Dc2 Teg. Block came from a Crv i think.

I thinks hes just tippled over the £10,000 mark building the engine, going ot be seriously quick N/a Teg!

Needs a K20a in it. 10k could build a 270+ NA car easily or even a buddyclub custom engine rebuild and you're looking at 300+ NA for under or around 10k. :D :D

Edited by Dan Campbell

Needs a K20a in it. 10k could build a 270+ NA car easily or even a buddyclub custom engine rebuild and you're looking at 300+ NA for under or around 10k. :D :D

For 10K I'd have gone the K20 route...

For that money I could have a 450whp rotory built by someone else :blink:

And no the B20 conversion is not pointless, the thin sleaves and det issue really only come into play when you turbo the engine, but when you consider that for around the £300 mark you can swap the bottom end/block of a B16 and get a healthy increase in torque and power I'd say it's the best value mod you can make (since the B16 doesn't respond all that well to bolt ons). I'd agree there isn't much point in going B20 if you are already running a B18, but for the Civic boys it's very good idea.