Up To Fronts

indianatrials

Right.. Here is my tip.. Start off small. I.E. A kirb for example and manual the bike up onto the back wheel, lock the front brake and then kick the bike so you get momentum going then instead of landing on the back wheel push your weight to the front of the bike for it to land on the front and then swing the bike round to land your back wheel on the kirb. Give that a try and gradually work yourself higher and higher untill you are getting a decent height :)

I have absolutely no idea how to start learning them

Do an endo and keep practacing flicking your back wheel so its were your front one was, let go of your front brake while your leaning forward then pull up the front end and push forward, kind of :S

then do and endo up a curb/small wall and do the same, then try do it from a gap, same thing applies, just gap to an endo haha, just lean far forward and commit to it loads.

Basically, after pedal kicking towards the wall your going upto front on, extending the arms, leaning right over the bars while your looking down at the wall landing on. Once you have landed on the wall you still need to be in the same position leaning right over the bars, then use your body weight to bounce and swop to the rear wheel, you will also need to push with the legs and pull with the arms, this is like an upto front wheel swop as i can best describe it!

willis x

and commit to it loads.

When I do an up to front, I prefer to do it from pedaling straight to front rather than hopping off the rear wheel.

Basicly, as your front wheel comes up, just before you put the main hop in, start moving your body weight forwards, you want to have your chest over the stem with your arms bent (like your trying to kiss the front wheel.

Land with your wheel just above the edge and let the rear wheel come up....just before the wheel is at its highest, let go of the front brake and push the bars forwards, your wheel should land where the front was.

When I do an up to front, I prefer to do it from pedaling straight to front rather than hopping off the rear wheel.

Basicly, as your front wheel comes up, just before you put the main hop in, start moving your body weight forwards, you want to have your chest over the stem with your arms bent (like your trying to kiss the front wheel.

Land with your wheel just above the edge and let the rear wheel come up....just before the wheel is at its highest, let go of the front brake and push the bars forwards, your wheel should land where the front was.

Do you go at an angle or straight on? Which way's best?

Is that on yer bad foot stroke or as your good foot come sround?

Edited by Matt Vandart

you want to have your weight back while running up to the wall finally transfering your weight forward in the final stroke

Any pits on how to trick your mind that you are not going to flip over? Cause my main problem of fronts is that i don't lean enough. My body just simply tries to avoid leaning forward, when my mind says LEAN YOU DUMBA*S. :unsure: