Carbon Forks

DaiTrials

Ok, this may stir up a good debate or I may just be called an idiot...

We all know that carbon is very strong. So how do you guys reckon these would fair up for trials use...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Trigon-EX-RIGID-...=item45ef3f5b71

They are a carbon MTB fork, so their prob designed for XC. Would they be strong enough? I think that the 415mm length and 48mm offset would be great. They weigh in at just 500g which is crazy and come with a 300mm steerer, so you can get lots of stackers in before you cut them to size!

So opinions, would they cut it for trials use?

Ok, this may stir up a good debate or I may just be called an idiot...

We all know that carbon is very strong. So how do you guys reckon these would fair up for trials use...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Trigon-EX-RIGID-...=item45ef3f5b71

They are a carbon MTB fork, so their prob designed for XC. Would they be strong enough? I think that the 415mm length and 48mm offset would be great. They weigh in at just 500g which is crazy and come with a 300mm steerer, so you can get lots of stackers in before you cut them to size!

So opinions, would they cut it for trials use?

Muel on here had a set of modified pace? carbon forks, ask him about them. I think he rated them quite highly.

They would snap, and very quickly if you ride hard. Its one thing to have carbon fibre legs with metal dropouts/crown/steerer, but a full carbon fork for trials is a long way off.

Spot on, me and ian cooper tried something similar to these a good few years ago and they lasted about five minutes..

On the other hand though the forks D butler is using and what the cousts used to run seem to be good forks not sure of the weight though and they are quite expensive aswell.

I had a set of Pace carbon XC forks cut down to mod legnth. (By the previous owner).

I absolutely loved them, but a lot of people who tried them didn't, they were quite flexy, but it was really springy, so once you got used to it it wasn't a problem. They were very light at 670g, (I don't know of any mod forks that light now that last for as long as the carbons have).

They're now with their third owner, and must be nearly 3 years old.

I wouldn't go for a carbon crown though, mine had forged/cast magnesium dropouts and crown, with some super duper steerer tube, (it was as thin as a steel tube, but it was made from some posh aluminium, like aircraft grade stuff).

They didn't work too well on my stock though, they were too short, and the flex was much worse with the bigger wheel and i found it to be too much, so I sold them with my Echo.

Here are mine: http://www.trials-forum.co.uk/forum/index....=123188&hl=

I'd recommend them for a mod, if you're really smooth. (I wasn't really that smooth, I just couldn't do any front wheel moves).

Spot on, me and ian cooper tried something similar to these a good few years ago and they lasted about five minutes..

On the other hand though the forks D butler is using and what the cousts used to run seem to be good forks not sure of the weight though and they are quite expensive aswell.

What are they?

Sam any idea on what to use to bond the carbon legs to the crown?

The Nuke proof forks look pretty good, although you can easily get alu forks at the same weight, and they are far too long for any trials frame anyway! (suspension corrected geo)

Was gonna say, not much weight difference at all. Wouldn't they be brittle any way?

I tried a set of the pace rc carbon forks for a while.

Cant say that im too harsh on bikes , but they were fine for me.

I sold them on when I went 24 and they guy that bought them snapped the disc mount.

I used the v mounts on the rear.

Apart from that the seemed ok.

But , if your street beast I'd avoid them to be honest!

Edited by Christophe'