Origami's Front Hub

dani_elprat@hotmail.com

but who cares about "La crème de la crème" if your splurging out cash on a front hub get a king... if it was superlight, with an epic engagement system then it'd be worth money, but front hubs are so basic there's no need for silly extravagance it won't offer any benefits over an alloy hub.

Yess the look it's awesome, but it's handmade and under petition, for sure it's very expensive and Rockman has other option with the same weigh.

In this situation I would go for a rockman for sure.

Origami has to give something that nobody have given until now for the success of this hub.

Weigh is not the thing....

but who cares about "La crème de la crème" if your splurging out cash on a front hub get a king... if it was superlight, with an epic engagement system then it'd be worth money, but front hubs are so basic there's no need for silly extravagance it won't offer any benefits over an alloy hub.
absolutely right on the money (Y)

Im intrigued. How can two products of very similar dimensions, weigh roughly the same when one uses a relatively lighter material? Bigger bearings perhaps? Heavier flange material?

Because joining the two different materials requires extra strength at the join which in turn increases weight. Plus you can use pretty thin alloy for the shell of the hub so using CRP isn't going to help a great deal with weight.

I have been speaking with Origami and said to me that:

- It's just a special edition, therefore like special editions is expensive.

- It's made with alu 7075 like no other hub in the market. This alu seems like it's more strong than others.

- Other modification in contrast of the rest of hubs in the market is that is more long to improve stability of the wheel, specially in rim brakes.

Maybe is a good option if you want to have the best in your bike and don't have problems with money :lol:

Nowadays it's still in testing process....

Edited by 315r

If your going to make the "ultimate" non disk front hub, why not replace the aluminium with Titanium?

It wouldn't save alot but everylittle helps if your spending that kind of money.

The increase in cost would be huge.

The weight really wouldn't drop much either.

Also, if you're going to the trouble of making something using carbon weave you'd thinkn you'd get it straight! That would drive me mad, i'd always be wondering if had twisted.

Yeah - also the logo isn't in the middle. I think it looks tacky, especially since it's not really lighter than a lightweight alloy hub.

If your going to make the "ultimate" non disk front hub, why not replace the aluminium with Titanium?

It wouldn't save alot but everylittle helps if your spending that kind of money.

This is a common mistake.

Titanium always is heavier than alu (Y)

Pointless in my opinion. Also, if you're going to the trouble of making something using carbon weave you'd thinkn you'd get it straight! That would drive me mad, i'd always be wondering if had twisted. Limited not only in edition...

Wow that's true! weave of carbon are twisted...FAIL! :S

• 3 weeks later...
... and double ended spokes to make up for the lack of holes in the hub.

'Available in 28h drilling - pretty sure you could find a rim for that. another cool thing about the american classic hub is that you can upgrade the axle to ti

Edited by JKH