Hs33's 04's

Luke_zoo

Hey all.

I'm wanting to change the colure of my bike, Been thinking to sand all brake bodys and calipers and spray them will it affect anything on them? like pistons ect...?

Help please :)

If this was me i wouldnt sand them down it will take foreva. I would completley strip the brakes down, levers, seals, pistons everything. Then get some nitromores paint stipper apply this then remove all paint till its down to bare metal. Wash in warm soapy water then give them a good sanding down to get a good key for the new paint. Use a good aliminum primer to prime them up leaving them as long as possible between each coat about 3 coats should be ok . Then paint all the parts with your chossen colour a good few times alllow to harden between coats , then a nice clear laquer to finish . Re-assembale brakes and all other parts should be good as new . Well thats how i did mine good luck matey

If this was me i wouldnt sand them down it will take foreva. I would completley strip the brakes down, levers, seals, pistons everything. Then get some nitromores paint stipper apply this then remove all paint till its down to bare metal. Wash in warm soapy water then give them a good sanding down to get a good key for the new paint. Use a good aliminum primer to prime them up leaving them as long as possible between each coat about 3 coats should be ok . Then paint all the parts with your chossen colour a good few times alllow to harden between coats , then a nice clear laquer to finish . Re-assembale brakes and all other parts should be good as new . Well thats how i did mine good luck matey

What did yours turn out like?

What did yours turn out like?

My'n turned out reallty nice and more than happy i did them with a fresh bleed of water/antifreeze there good as new. One thing i would say is take your time when striping the paint of the cylinders with nitro try not to get any on the pistons or seals a steady hand is requierd. I would also advise puting an old set of pads on when it comes to painting them this will make sure that no paint goes in or on the pistons . But all in all im really happy with the results and glad i did them so go for it and dont be affraid to experiment

Il try and get some pics up before and after

Edited by scotty007

My'n turned out reallty nice and more than happy i did them with a fresh bleed of water/antifreeze there good as new. One thing i would say is take your time when striping the paint of the cylinders with nitro try not to get any on the pistons or seals a steady hand is requierd. I would also advise puting an old set of pads on when it comes to painting them this will make sure that no paint goes in or on the pistons . But all in all im really happy with the results and glad i did them so go for it and dont be affraid to experiment

Il try and get some pics up before and after

Cheers man! might just use emorey tape to take old paint off and do it that way

Unless you want to polish the bare metal up why bother stripping/sanding or anything like that? Just key up the surface as it is and spray away. Depending how good a job you want to do you can either remove the pistons and seals and everything or take the easy option and just mask up those areas and be careful when spraying.