Devon Parks

trialserboi

yo guys, im living in devon and i am looking for some good places to learn (gettin bike at this crimbo and just gonna teach myself) so is there anywere good to learn and ride.

i have been around looe (in cornwall (i think!)) and at the beach there is loads of steps but big ones and that could be good to learn, but more to the point anywere in the south of devon. im based in tavi if anyone cares.

cheers

trialserboi

Crates or pallets are good to learn on as you can make small gaps or blocks. You can gradually make bigger gaps and bigger heights (until you're as good as Damon Watson in this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwDv4qHM96s). Industrial estates are usually good places to look and most are ok about it so long as you put the crates back.

Bone Hill Craig? How was it wetness wise?

We were down at Cligga Head in Cornwall on Sat, was pretty good. The indoor skatepark is Mount Hawke probably? Never been myself.

We went to some spot off the right of Haytor, take the road that basically doubles back on yourself before Haytor car park, was pretty good :) Road bone later on, but was silly windy. Was dry too, no issues at all. Pretty damn good ride really.

loads of riders in Cornwall, and some in Devon? :S

Anyway, get out to the Xmas eve ride at Plymouth... you'll meet mucho people :)

I have heard about this xmas eve ride it sounds soooo good. Im going to try get myself down there. Thing is ive got round my auntie and cousins down and were going for a big family christmas so i may not get down to plymouth (N)