Rockman Slate Chain Tension!

pashleylips

Guys in need of a bit of help...

This is my first frame with horizontal drop outs and im finding it incredibly difficult to get the tension right. The snail cam is as far back a possible and the chain is still far too slack, though with the dropouts being so small it doesn't look like i will be able to take a link out. I did see something about this problem before i purchased the bike, has anybody else had this problem? If so how the hell do i resole it?

Cheers

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

I found a set of Viz large cams, and they work just fine.

My frame came with rockman tensioners. Problem was that at correct tension, the largest hole alligned with the bolt that sits in the frame. This caused the cam to deform under pedal tension.

Echo makes steel cams, which might also be a good solution.

Edited by freetrial

My first no seater frame was a 24/7 Danny Holroyd frame, I had the same kind of problem, I used a complete half link chain for awhile (until it snapped going onto the back wheel before a drop) then I started using kmc chains but I'd take an extra link out but I could only put the chain on the hub sprocket by moving the hub (with out the screws in) on the drive side past the drop out hole into the frame and to the end of the drop out on the non drive side as far as I could as it had the bit that goes into the drop out to stop it spinning, putting the already linked up chain on and then moving the wheel back out and putting the axle screws in, not sure if that helps but it worked for me

Edited by japslap

I found a set of Viz large cams, and they work just fine.

My frame came with rockman tensioners. Problem was that at correct tension, the largest hole alligned with the bolt that sits in the frame. This caused the cam to deform under pedal tension.

Echo makes steel cams, which might also be a good solution.

Cool, i might try some of the Viz ones