How To Spin On Back Wheel?

dannytrialskid

As far as i understood, you wanted to know how to spin while hopping on a back wheel. IF i'm correct, then i'd say addition to throwing your body weight to the side you want to spin, twist your handlebars also to the side you are turning.

By the way, check this.

Edited by MiuSliS

As been said, turn your handlebars a few degress to the direction you want to spin the rest seems to come fairly natural. You will probably find at first you will move in like an arch shape but after a couple of hours practise should be pretty tight on the spot :)

I gotta admit though they do wear you out pretty fast.

I thought he meant statically while backhopping? At the moment I imagine you're wasting lots of energy by hopping the bike underneath you then shuffling your hips to one side and manoeuvring the whole bike to one side, while keeping the front wheel in about the same place. What you want to do is get yourself in a nice balanced backhop and then while preloading for the next hop twist the handlebars a little (10-20 degrees) to allow your body to preload to the side as well as vertically. When you put the next hop in use that small preload in your arms/upper body to 'unwind' and move the bike a little to the same way you turned your bars to. Go for little changes in angle first and build up.

Probably best to watch some videos to get an idea of what I mean because it's kinda hard to describe!

The main thing when you're doing that after backwheeling something is making sure you land the up in a nice balanced backhop. That usually means keeping your weight a little bit further back than normal to counterbalance the momentum of the front wheel wanting to drop.