Echo Cnc

scotty007

The main problem with them is if the levers still have swarf or gunk inside the cylinder, it shits the seals up and causes leaks. If, when you get a new lever, you strip it down and clean out the cylinder and make sure it's all tickety boo you should have no problems.

The main problem with them is if the levers still have swarf or gunk inside the cylinder, it shits the seals up and causes leaks. If, when you get a new lever, you strip it down and clean out the cylinder and make sure it's all tickety boo you should have no problems.

Well if that is the only problem with these brakes might look into a bit further. Just one thing they look as if there quite big and bulky for a brake or is the picture on tartys site exploded or zoomed . Just tryin to get a better picture of what they look like on the bike thats all

I heard there was metal shavings inside because Mr.Deng is too lazy to clean them out... but meh, its more or less the same thing haha

Which lever are you looking at in particular? None of them are particularly big - the SL looks like two twigs bound to your bars, and the TR looks broadly similar to an old RB lever or an old style HS33 lever (but nicer...).

Was thinking echo cnc if sold seperately but the TR complete lever was my second chioce . Hearing the posts regarding these i might stick with them just cant be dealing with fresh bleeds every week . Guess il get on to tarty and see if they do the echo cnc on its own first. Anybody got the TR fitted and working with good reviews might sway me though !

I use TR's. I've heard people say that they've needed regular bleeding as well, but I haven't had that problem with mine.

Not to say that I would recommend them though. The lever looks lovely, and feels very nice in use, but there are little things that are very annoying. For example, I really dont like having to use gloves all the time, but the tpa (which yes, is very well positioned for not being damaged itself) is very well positioned, and sharp enough, to do plenty of damage to you instead. I can't think how many times I've cut myself on it. The cylinders aren't as adjustable as maggies either. Actually I think maggies are just better in general.

Similar to what?

I have to say, everything you post is either complete bullshit, or completely useless.

Some good replys there to get me thinking about the sl but at nearly 80 quid a pop (and i need two) might be out of range. Especialy when i have to explain to the missus why she cant go out news years, you know how it is fellas. I think its going to be the echo TR levers if tary dont th echo cnc that is, was thinking of the echo cnc only cause they look more compact and reliable and more PIMP