Whats The Best Trials Bike

mrichards

I supose the best bike it the world would be the Koxx Silver Sky or the Monty 221 Kamel.

But that doesnt meen there the bike YOU will be able to ride best or the bikes that will suit you !!

It completely depends on your riding style, size and what terrain you ride on.

Sam :D

He's right, jst because it's thw best bike in the world, doesnt mean its the best bike for you :D

sorry but i think the best bike is your own because thats what you ride and thats what you love, these extremely high priced montys and koxx bikes are just way over the top i looked on tarty today and theres a monty over 2 grand and whats so special about it, its just light thats all and if your mad enough to go get one and no offense but dont no how to ride it (like a pro i mean) your just gonna kill it the best bike is your own i think i love my leeson and i think thats the best bike in the world because its mine and it works fine and thats it

where as i do like the idea of the best bike being my own...unless you have actually sampled every available bike/geometry/setup...its a claim you just cant make!

its a pretty vague question to start with.....what is the best anything? take a car for example

is the best the fastest accelerating? most expensive? best top speed? best at corners? most luxurious? best looking? the list goes on

• 1 month later...

I think when we talk about a best trials bike, we would mainly be talking about the frame, because all the other bits can be used on any other frame. So the original poster probably is after a frame that:

• Is strong, but not too heavy
  • Has little flex
  • Has a comfortable geometry
  • Feels stable

Assuming price is not an issue, this should be a fairly easy question to answer. At least we can say which frames we don't like!

My previous trials bike was a 20" Monty X-hydra 219. I broke the chain twice and it had a lot of flex. I am Spanish but I wouldn't buy monty again, I think they are too weak. They are made for pros who can have a new bike for every competition, so I would stay away from Monty and Koxx. I would stay away from anything too light.

At least there will be members of this forum who can attest to

I think when we talk about a best trials bike, we would mainly be talking about the frame, because all the other bits can be used on any other frame. So the original poster probably is after a frame that:

• Is strong, but not too heavy
  • Has little flex
  • Has a comfortable geometry
  • Feels stable

Assuming price is not an issue, this should be a fairly easy question to answer. At least we can say which frames we don't like!

I have snapped a Monty frame. Montys are cool and feel nice but I don't think they are particularly strong and durable. They are designed for pro riders who can have a new bike for every competition. Furthermore, they are massively overpriced. The price you pay for too light a frame is more flex and less durability. One day they'll make frames out of tinfoil. So, unless you are loaded, stay away from anything too light.

For a beginner I'd recommend Chinese brands like Echo and Neon because these will give you more bang for the buck and the quality of the parts is actually very good. I've been riding a friend's Echo recently and I quite like it. Interestingly, here in China trials bikes are very inexpensive. For example, the Zoo! Lynx frame (which I am thinking about buying) can be purchased for a mere 48GBP delivered, a real bargain! Of course in China that's quite a bit of money which is why hardly anybody here owns a Koxx or a Monty!

Edited by Scoox