mongoose Seat and seat post

Z Chain

DMR motor pedles

DMR Crank arms

Mongoose BB ( bottom bracket)

Mongoose chain roller

Mongoose hubs

Black spokes

The spec does not seem too bad, I would have it is I was into dirt jumping again as it will be a good starter bike.

Looks good apart from the rst forks. The suspension desent feel very progresive and there isnt much adjustment on them.

But you cant go rong with the Elixir they are wonderfull brakes

WIKED

its better than most the jump bikes on their and cheaper lol

well worth the £200 =] i may bid to see if i can get cheaper though :) yeah il change the forks if it get it -]

WIKED

its better than most the jump bikes on their and cheaper lol

well worth the £200 =] i may bid to see if i can get cheaper though :) yeah il change the forks if it get it -]

Do that as they will snap if you DJ on them and when forks snap it hurts, trust me!

Personally i dont like how they ride to be honest but they are really nice and controlled in the air , its just when i rode it round tight bends at the track which let it down but that might be because the stem was long . Those forks though urrghh get rid of those if you get it

I bought a 2009 specialized p1 and i love that bike so much its perfect geo and just needs some good tyres and pedals , i wouldn't swap my specialized for anything it was deffo the best bike i have had .

hope iv helped a little

EDIT- that mong has a short stem so it should ride really well and be good if your a begginer :D

Edited by joshlyd1

I want a dirt jump bike found this it seems really good what do you guys think ?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MONGOOSE-RITUAL-DIRT...=item3efbca7c25

thx

my mate joe has avid elixrs or whatever on his onza pro and they are brilliant a little squeeky in the wet though :P .

Edited by wc99wcc

sorry for jacking the thread but it saves a new one ,

whats the best 26 inch dj tyre people have used i will be looking at dh tyres as they seem good but whats best

For dj it has to be the Dmr moto Rt, But the ultimate downhill tyre has to be the Maxxis Minion :D

sorry for jacking the thread but it saves a new one ,

whats the best 26 inch dj tyre people have used i will be looking at dh tyres as they seem good but whats best

For dj it has to be the Dmr moto Rt, But the ultimate downhill tyre has to be the Maxxis Minion :D

Agreed about the moto, but not sure about the minion. Tyres are a very personal choice, especially downhill ones, if you are going for a tyre just for dj then get something like the moto (i personally prefer the kenda k-rad as they are lighter and can be run at higher pressures) but if you are after something for a bit of dh or just all round riding then I personally have found that nothing gives better grip and all round performance than spiked tyres such as the continental vertical or the maxxis ignitor fr.

• 2 months later...

My problem with the kenda k-rads were they pinched easily, but they have lasted ages, must be four or five years now :)

I have some maxxis minions 20x2.5 and they are honestly some of the best tyres ever, you can run them at dead low pressures for dh sometimes and the grip is quality, however my friend has som high rollers, which are also great. Its hard to choose, but most of maxxis' tyres are decent, as are kenda, continental etcetc.. :)

So wrong! Only kidding minions are alright but my personal dh favourite is michelin comp 16's but you probably don't want a dh tyre for dirt jumpings as it will be too slow rolling. Safe options is a hard compound high roller 2.35.