Dirt Jump Bikes

Jake.

I rode a 24" Saracen for about a year and a half. Its good fun to get into.

If your looking to do more dirt that street i would opt for sused forks as oppesed to rigid. Whereas if you were doing street i find rigid alot simpler and overall better.

When asking about specific bikes and models somone else should be able to help you with that, as ive only tried a few other 24" aside my Saracen.

all are cool man just gotta try them out first, obviously to determin the best geo for you.

At the moment I have Gt Chucker i find with some nice wide risers this works fine for me on a budget :D

but like some guy said previous, NS bikes, 24/7 you cant go rong really, I also Really like norcos, konas, some specialized are ok,

kona shreds are cool for the cash!

In my eyes it about how much you have to spend.

I payed about over 1000 for my jump bikes.

But Kona are nice to start with also Flow is nice product.

I have £300 to spend ... I guess I haven't got enough? :(

I'll just ask my friend about it when I see him...

all are cool man just gotta try them out first, obviously to determin the best geo for you.

At the moment I have Gt Chucker i find with some nice wide risers this works fine for me on a budget :D

but like some guy said previous, NS bikes, 24/7 you cant go rong really, I also Really like norcos, konas, some specialized are ok,

kona shreds are cool for the cash!

Yeah, I've tried out my friends (TTidders) bike... I don't think I'm at the stage of choosing geos yet, thanks though! :D

What about mongoose? Are they good?

linkyyy

They have some of the nicest looking bikes ive seen (Y)

Erm, I can't find any bikes on the website? :$

NS bikes sorted ;). Naaaaa I have had a few jump/street bikes and I think NSbikes are perfict if you have the money if not look for a 24/seven. Hope this helped.

Cheers, points me in the direction of good brands! :)

I rode a 24" Saracen for about a year and a half. Its good fun to get into.

If your looking to do more dirt that street i would opt for sused forks as oppesed to rigid. Whereas if you were doing street i find rigid alot simpler and overall better.

When asking about specific bikes and models somone else should be able to help you with that, as ive only tried a few other 24" aside my Saracen.

I'm probably looking at dirt more, as I live near some good dirt jump places...

About street- what exactly do you do in street on dirt jump bikes? :P

at last a topic i can participate in hahaha, been riding for years dude. low end bikes are saracen mongoose etc then you go up a bit to flow kona commencal azonic 24/7 then the better top end bikes are ns transition cove yeti . for 300 youl get a decent brand decent spec bike, loads of bargains out there so shop wisely and get a nice ride, i have a transition bottle rocket which i use for dirt and then swap tyres over and tiffen it up for street, great bike to ride but a dear build. for around 300 id be looking at a cheap ns 24/7 or a cove, ive had konas and hate them, they break easy, the ns bikes are lush to ride street or park, really nicly made. hope this helps buddy B)

oh and im not far from you so if you get one and wana tag along over the trails etc message me, thanks

Edited by mr.tattoo

I'm probably looking at dirt more, as I live near some good dirt jump places...

About street- what exactly do you do in street on dirt jump bikes? :P

Pretty much the same as a bmx, allthough the added size makes it feel a bit more controllable i feel.

Nobody mentioned DMR?!

Fail.

DMR would be a good make to mention, if i was to suggest one it would be either that or a NS. My friends NS suburban is the nicest 24" ive been on by far.

Yeah, I've tried out my friends (TTidders) bike... I don't think I'm at the stage of choosing geos yet, thanks though! :D

What about mongoose? Are they good?

The Mongoose Ritual is quite a nice bike for the price, I would look out for these brands: Identiti, 24 Seven, Leaf and Ns But the last 2 will cots quite a lot

Nobody mentioned DMR?!

Fail.

Thats because the old ones for the price weiged a ton, You where bacially paying for the stickers.

Edited by TTidders

I'm considering getting one, but I haven't got a clue what to look for in one... Are there any downhill / dirt jumpers on this forum? Are dirt jump bikes really worth your money... ?

yes i am an ex dirt jumper

you need strong wheels like Halo SAS ect

:) goood crank set i run DMR crisis

Dirt jumper forks are always good

and a strong aluminium frame or a steal frame

i prefer aluminium as its much nicer to ride.

hope i am of help :)

dude 300 quid is enough for a nice bike, theres loads around you just got to look, theres also loads around with dreamer price tags lol. check on southerndownhill.com some decent bikes on there within your budget. ornag hitman are good bikes i had one for sale a while ago as new with good spec and it was a pain to sell even at 250 pounds. shop around as theres bargains to be had this time of year dont jump in head first lol .

Nobody mentioned DMR?!

Fail.

My thoughts exactly.... Dmr OWN.

Ns bikes are wicked, paint on them is shi*e though.

I've had two dmrs, and they've both rode amazingly well, my current dmr transition rides perfectly in my eyes, jumps/rides so so well.

Every norco/mongoose ive had a shot off ride horribly, so don't go for them.

I'd say go for a dmr, as you can get a dmr drone fairly cheap second hand, and the quality of dmr bikes is epic. And also the dmr drone reptoid, rides well standard, and it'll take all the abuse you can throw at it.

For example : Click me

if you want something for down hill, dj, street and just general riding then i would head toward getting a jump frame and forks and then get some down hill parts on it, or just some chunky down hill tires, i got a maxxis high roller on the back and a shwalbe on the front and they are great for dirt, if you want something for street and dirt i would head toward a ns or something, dmr are good for general riding and all round though, my brother does have a dmr sidekick 2 for £250, great condition, if your intrested send me a pm or email or something and i will send you some pics. chris

them mongoose are horrid to ride and suntour forks no no no no no!!! few here must say id look for identiti revell ns etc as there nice to ride and strong,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Orange-Hitman-Operat...=item2304c06a77

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TWENTYFOURSEVEN-Cust...=item3ca9352016

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Revell-24-jump-stree...=item1e59f18cfc

LOL =] that mongoose dirt jump bike is awsoem all it needs is new forcks my m8 has 1 just like it with dj 2s and god soooooooo good =] im watching it to =] probs wont buy it as loads of people have sent e - mails to the person saying they will but it now if it comes to it.