Video Of Me Dropping Off Of An 8 Foot Wall ( Video Is Up )

Matt Kerley

please dont drop again

Agreed, that vid worries me. Start on smaller things and get used to getting your back wheel right on the edge (I mean so close that if you let go of your brake you would pretty much just roll down the wall) then lower the front and get you bum over the back and release the brake (maybe with the tiniest crank rotation to make sure the back goes down first). Once you are off push your feet towards the landing and on impact soak it up as much as possible.

Edited by sstein

I liked that and I dont see why people had a problem with you rushing the drop, I always rush drops just because I dont like waiting around. 8 foots pritty big to.

Any videos as I have to see this. What is the biggest drop you have done!

i was just showing people also how big the stuff in my video may be :P

With no offense ment, dropping off of stuff is pretty unimpressive seeing as the main compenent of the drop is the "falling" stage.

Long as you having fun though i suppose.

well as ive said i can do it properly now, i was just seeing what people thought cuz i wanna make a video within the next few weeks and i was just showing people also how big the stuff in my video may be :P

just an accident waiting to happen to be honest, as for how impressive? hmm...maybe if you had been a little more composed

cheers chris :P are you riding tomorrow? bookers?

pre warning you . .

if you say your working im gonna come to halfords and slap you with a wet fish

Well matt there is two problems with your plan, firstly yes I am working and now I'll remember to wear a full face to work to avoid nasty fishyness and secondly it ALEX not Chris; remember Chris is the one that never rides I'm the one that ride like once a month!!!

Agreed, that vid worries me. Start on smalling things and get used to getting your back wheel right on the edge (I mean so close that if you let go of your break you would pretty much just roll down the wall) then lower the front and get you bum over the back and release the brake (maybe with the tiniest crank rotation to make sure the back goes down first). Once you are off push your feet towards the landing and on impact soak it up as much as possible.

Very useful advice, you have explained that very well, cant wait to try it.

Cheers mate.

It was alright I guess, but I do agree with many of the previous posts - they're not negative posts, they just don't want you to hurt yourself!

Looking on the video you do look a bit stiff and rigid, and with this method one day you may find yourself with the cranks in the wrong position before the drop and you'll simply go front wheel first. I've done it before and it's pretty nasty.

But again, fair play for having the balls to do it, I certainly wouldn't! Looks like you're comfortable with the bike, you just need to make it flow and look more, shall we say, 'composed'.

(Y)

I dont get why everyone is saying drops are not good, the 'you tube sensation' Danny Mac, had two in his vid and they where somewhat bigger, but still drops. I thought it was good, showed he has the balls, just like everyone said sort the technique out and im sure you are fine. Twitch

I dont get why everyone is saying drops are not good, the 'you tube sensation' Danny Mac, had two in his vid and they where somewhat bigger, but still drops. I thought it was good, showed he has the balls, just like everyone said sort the technique out and im sure you are fine. Twitch

But Danny Macs video was primarily trick riding of sorts and wasn't completely built up of drops - how many times can you watch someone drop off a wall and still find it entertaining?

Its the same technique for drops like this, over and over. If it was something different then it'd be a lot more accepted...sure, he wants input from members and that's exactly what he's got. Nobody has come on and ripped it to peices; they've been honest and given useful advice.

You can't expect people to post videos on here and every single reply to be licking your arse.

But comparing this video to the likes of Dannys is a bit odd...meh, probably get ripped for this, but I don't see Danny as a trials rider in the traditional sense.

I see what you mean about comparison, but matt says he is incoorporating it into a movie he is making soon, so its not going to be a video of him dropping off a wall over and over again, i hope, otherwise I agree with you (anzo) however he was just asking, about the move and what we thought. And i agree for with the danny mac as not being a traditional trials rider, i beleive it said that in MBUK and more BMX'y moves also. i was just sayin a drop in a video does look good, i think it does anyway