Limey 320 Chain Setups ?

Cahill Trials Kid

Hi

I have a Limey 320 on its way and want to start buying the rest of the parts, but i no a couple of people that have found it hard to stop the chain rubbing against the chainstay on the Limey 2 and have herd its the same on the Limey 320 ?.

But i also no that alot of people have got it absolutley fine, so to those people please could you tell me your setup ?

e,g

BB

Cranks

Chain

Sprocket

and are you using any spacers ?

I just dont want to buy loads of bits and then not to be able to ride it as im short for money anyway !!

This is my friends setup on his Limey 2 that still rubs,

Tryall 122.5 BB

12t Sprocket

Tensile freewheel

Tensile Cranks

3/32 kmc cool chain

Thanks for any help

Sam :D

I can only suggest you get an echo hub see Click me

as it has a shoulder by the spokes. This means you can run the sprocket with the teeth next to the spokes.

I had to do this with my skull I have a neon sprocket here

but you may be better off with one of these click me

or these Click me

This is how I solved the problem with my skull which has a similar drop out, I'm not 100% it'll work on the limey as I don't have one.

I can only suggest you get an echo hub see Click me

I wouldn't recommend this hub if your running a rear disc, as it puts the rotor ridiculously close to the frame.

I will have to try the idea of flipping the cog over, only problem I can see in the long term is the chain line itself is on the piss, which would wear the chain out quicker.

I will have to try the idea of flipping the cog over, only problem I can see in the long term is the chain line itself is on the piss, which would wear the chain out quicker.

I'd rather wear out a chain quicker, than have my chainstay eaten away at by the chain..

I wouldn't recommend this hub if your running a rear disc, as it puts the rotor ridiculously close to the frame.

Eh? Mine's fine :S I've even had to space my caliper out slightly so it gets over the disc nicely. It's also one of the few disc hubs that are made with a good flange spacing on the disc side, meaning you can run a normal style lacing without the spoke being an issue with the rotor, unlike the H hubs or Bub hubs.

Yh it wears them realy quickly, friend snaped about 2 chains in about 5 months or something like that.

It just seems that onza havent even thought about the chain when designing the frames and to be honest with you i think it spoils it as in my opinion the make the best frames but this problem can be of putting and realy confusing !

Yh it wears them realy quickly, friend snaped about 2 chains in about 5 months or something like that.

It just seems that onza havent even thought about the chain when designing the frames and to be honest with you i think it spoils it as in my opinion the make the best frames but this problem can be of putting and realy confusing !

tell me about it . :) sam we need to work out what hub to use because its annoying me now . hav different suggestions but thers always a problem .

im gunna hav to see carthy and have a look how hes set his up .

(Y)

I'm the third person I know who's got one. The other boys just ran a monty BB,monty cranks and freewheel with a TT Ti bashring,TT cog,8 speed MTB chain. problem solved.

But I would like to keep my 128mm Resest BB so I'm trying same as above but with echo TR cog (sprocket is centered on cog) and a 2.5mm spacer on a tryall 'H' rear hub. and the chain still rubs by approx .5mm to 1mm. Only just assembled the bike today. So next step is to try to run a thicker spacer between the hub and frame. If that doesn't work some careful frame mods with the hydraulic press. Proper chain alignment is IMO very important.

I'm the third person I know who's got one. The other boys just ran a monty BB,monty cranks and freewheel with a TT Ti bashring,TT cog,8 speed MTB chain. problem solved.

But I would like to keep my 128mm Resest BB so I'm trying same as above but with echo TR cog (sprocket is centered on cog) and a 2.5mm spacer on a tryall 'H' rear hub. and the chain still rubs by approx .5mm to 1mm. Only just assembled the bike today. So next step is to try to run a thicker spacer between the hub and frame. If that doesn't work some careful frame mods with the hydraulic press. Proper chain alignment is IMO very important.

i ran a 2 to 3 mm spacer on a onza hub on my limey 2 and eventually the axel snapped because it didnt go far enuf into the drop out.

i wouldnt say its a good idea :unsure: