Trialtech High Rise Bar Vs Inspired Riser

Guantanamo

In terms of total rise from the bar clamp to the tip of the bar, the TT bars have 15mm more rise than the Inspired, but I wouldn't say the Inspireds were low really - they're still the same rise if not higher than most other risers out there, so they're still suitable for 24!

• 2 weeks later...
Whats the rise on the trialtechs?

It would be classed as around 2.5" I guess, but the way bars are normally measured is stupid - from the centre of the stem clamp to the first bend (doesn't take into account any rise/sweep AFTER the first bend!).

So, we've been through all the bars on our site and added the *actual* rise. For example, the Inspired bars have 88mm rise and the Trialtech High Rise bars are 103mm: http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/images/handleb...rge_barrise.jpg. For comparison, the Echo Low Rise bars are only 56mm.

Whats the rise on the trialtechs? I am in the process of building my Marino 24 up and I am going to go with the Onza stem but I am just unsure on bars. I was thinking 2-2.5 rise? The echo in the picture looks just right for me with that bar and stem combo.

Yargh, it's a good setup! I really like it on mine. Ads had a go and tilted them forwards a bit and they felt nice and trialsy, but personally I run them a bit further back just to make it feel a bit better for manuals and spins. Definitely recommend it. Good stem choice too :)

• 2 weeks later...

just about to make exactly the same decision...with the extra height on the trialtechs, does it make things on the front wheel any harder?! endos/hops, any sort of balancing act basically...

I've not actually been able to get out on my bike since i've had them, what with the weather and my dissertation, so i couldn't tell you. Onzaboy how are your's on the front wheel?

I've not actually been able to get out on my bike since i've had them, what with the weather and my dissertation, so i couldn't tell you. Onzaboy how are your's on the front wheel?

Ha, well he has no front brake. lol I quite like mine on my Zhi, but of course that's no comparison to a 24".