I Need A Cheap Ass Printer, Any Idea?

Davetrials

How cheap is cheap?

I use something like this: http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw...&sku=109601

Only £50 and in all fairness the quality is pretty good.

I've had loads of printers and some how managed to break them all apart from this one.

I've printed on all sorts with it and its more than adequate for sketchbooks etc

With the right paper photos can look pretty good (not printspace quality but perfect for sketchbooks etc) Rob P has some funky paper that works really well with it.

The one thing I would mention with regards buying a cheap printer, don't buy cheap inks, If you want it to last use genuine. Every time I have bought aftermarket inks I have shagged my printers and I have tried them all!

The inks for the printer range from £20-£30 depending on if you can find them on offer etc but can also be bought individually with a black cartridge costing about £8.

if you print a lot of photo's (not at photo quality but just printing them) it may be economical to spend a tad more on the printer to make sure ink is cheap.

i have a shitty ass hp d1470 (i can see it from here) which i got free with software from pc world

last time i bought ink i nearly bought the printer instead of the ink. ink was 18-19 quid and a printer was only 20 i seem to remember.

Thats tearing the arse out of it in my opinion. damn printing companies absolutely take your pants down and take what they please once you've bought a printer.

And who needs to print stuff all the time?- students, who hasn't got any money?- students

rant over

Edited by shamus

Epson printers can be had for around £25-30 and the inks can be bought as aftermarket cartridges for around £8 for a whole set. When i last looked into it the epson re-fills were the cheapest but that may have changed as that was nearly 2 years ago now i think. Canon inks are expensive... tesco's is usually pretty good for printer prices and their own tesco brand cartridges for each printer.