Psi?

Twitch-119

I have a Try-all Sticky White 26" on a Echo SL rim and I weigh roughly 62kg, just wondering what the stupidly low point of psi would be, and what's the average psi for you guys on 26" at the moment I'm on 16'ish psi? And that feels very good, but i can hear the rim 'twang' on some stuff? i know this is mostly personal preference but if there is a way of working it out better, then that will be appreciated very much. Twitch

stupid low would be weird steering, constant pinch flats, and bent rims.

from what ive heard psi is a personal thing and you should use a psi that you are comfortable with. i have normal mountain bike rims on my bike so i like to run a higher psi. i have still heard that twang sound from my bike and i dont really like it either, but i guess as long as i dont land/hit something too hard my rim is fine. if you feel like your hitting your rim too hard then you can always up your psi. you should listen to what some other people say too before you listen to me, as i am not yet a bike magician.

-steven

Same As Above, But Echo rims are quite wide so you should be able to run lower pressure with a reduced risk of tyre roll,

It is personal preference,

I don't like my tyre too hard as they tend to bounce on rocks, so lower pressures roll more, and also i prefer them lower pressure, as I find it helps with preloading.

I'm 85Kg, and on my stock (I too have a Try-all sticky's, but not the 'Barbie' couloured ones :lol:) and I run 20PSI front and back. Seems like a good preasure to avoid dents in the rim, and punctures - but it still keeps the bounce in the tyre.

Erm I tend to have around 20-30.

Seems to me that it's perfect as the rim hits when dropping off etc but gently. And people who run lower pressures tend to be smoother riders...

What? No they don't. People who run lower pressures tend to prefer lower pressures.

What about Danny Macaskill? He runs 60 front and rear as far as i'm aware.

It all depends on personal preferance and your style of riding.

Natural riders sometimes prefer higher pressures. This is because rock and other natural things tend to be more points than street stuff, running the higher pressures helps prevent punctures and rim damage.

Street riders in the trials sense tend to run them a bit lower so that the tyres can really grap around the obstacles there using.

Modern street riders (24" mainly) tend to run closer to street MTB and BMX pressures so there bikes turn better in the air and don't catch on the tyres on landing or take off.

Its mainly personal, the best way to do it is try out alot, tyre pressure is one of the easiest if not the easiest thing to change on your bike.

I couldn't remember what i was saying half way.

When taking of to do 360's and the like higher pressures prevent the tyres catching on the floor and slowing your rotation.

I don't like trials....

Do you mean, higher PSI tyres roll better/faster?

Edited by Revolver