Yabbaa Stinger

Keith-R

Just a quick question,

Ive just bought a Yabbaa frame off of Ross McArthur, which I believe used to belong to Ali C. From looking at photos it looks like a stinger frame.

My question is will I still be able to run my middleburn rs7's, as the chainstays look very close to the bb, or will I have to go front freewheel??

Thanks in advance

If you mean you think the chainring will be too wide and catch the chainstay, then I'd not worry about it because -

1- it might fit anyway

2- you can get a longer BB to space it out

3- you can always buy a cloud 9 (awesome bit of kit) or a TNN or middleburn 16t ring

Show us a picture?

Edited by Revolver

If you mean you think the chainring will be too wide and catch the chainstay, then I'd not worry about it because -

1- it might fit anyway

2- you can get a longer BB to space it out

3- you can always buy a cloud 9 (awesome bit of kit) or a TNN or middleburn 16t ring

Show us a picture?

Yeah mate, Thats what I was wondering. Im currently painting the frame but will get pics up asap.

Thanks for the advice

is the build quality of your kinda sketchy?

my downtube isnt welded square to the bb,it twists

brake mounts are even in height and are slightly not square

drop outs are welded on an angle so when you tighten the axle the wheel moves?

my mates got one and his is identical to mine in problems,it would be good to see if it was all of them.

is the build quality of your kinda sketchy?

my downtube isnt welded square to the bb,it twists

brake mounts are even in height and are slightly not square

drop outs are welded on an angle so when you tighten the axle the wheel moves?

my mates got one and his is identical to mine in problems,it would be good to see if it was all of them.

I have a stinger and the frame is a little flexy but what do you expect from a low budget frame? I think I will change my frame pretty soon though which is unusual for me because a frame will last me 2 - 3 years. Hydroxx lt maybe..

Ooooh, what colour you going for son?

Hope you can do it more justice than I did (with the looks).

Ive decided to go for white mate, may well change my mind will wait and see how it looks!!!

I think thats the only way i'll do it more justice than you!! :D

Edited by Beemer boy

Very weird! I found the Ashton frames to be pretty forgiving (their design would indicate that too)! Did you change any parts at the same time as the frame Lewis?

Apart from the BB - which is a no-name isis Le lent me till I get another. I would definitely say there is more flex in the Stinger compared with the Ashton - my opinion. Remember I weigh 92kg so I could probably get flex out of the stiffest frames. When I put pressure onto my forward foot you can clearly see the flex in the BB area. I have not got a problem with the frame whatsoever - I love it! I rode my Ashton for 3 years and the only damage is where I have repeatedly tightened the rear wheel and the Alu on the dropout has become weak and cracked slightly.