Mod Or Stock

bv1975

not really because you can get longer and shorter frames, higher stems and higher bars. But it all comes down to money really if you buy a long mod bike and buy longer and higher handle bars and a stem you should be fine, but if not and you don't want to spend a lot of money on your first trial bike then i would go for a cheep stock

or you could always go for a second hand bike already built for your size :)

not really because you can get longer and shorter frames, higher stems and higher bars. But it all comes down to money really if you buy a long mod bike and buy longer and higher handle bars and a stem you should be fine, but if not and you don't want to spend a lot of money on your first trial bike then i would go for a cheep stock

or you could always go for a second hand bike already built for your size :)

thanks for the advise, i dont want to spend to much on my first bike really but want something decent enough. second hand is def the way forward if theyre not to battered. do mods generally tend to be dearer than stock then ?

thanks for the advise, i dont want to spend to much on my first bike really but want something decent enough. second hand is def the way forward if theyre not to battered. do mods generally tend to be dearer than stock then ?

I think to get something spec'd to your height, with the bars, stem, long frame etc you're after it would be more expensive that a more standard stock bike

I hope that makes sense? :rolleyes:

I'm mod for life

hi everyone. want to get into trials and love the look of the mod bikes. can anyone give me any advice on to mods or stocks as im 6'1" tall, im quite thin so its not like im heavy. i was just wondering if i was to tall for mod ??? thanks

hi, just thought id say your not to tall for a mod,im 6 foot 4 an i ride a 05 echo team with a short frame its 1005mm long ands its perfect for my style of riding,i also ride a mod aswell i ride a long adamant a1 at 1095mm long so id say its down to what you feel comfy riding on really,id say have a go on both mod and stock and choose from there.

hi, just thought id say your not to tall for a mod,im 6 foot 4 an i ride a 05 echo team with a short frame its 1005mm long ands its perfect for my style of riding,i also ride a mod aswell i ride a long adamant a1 at 1095mm long so id say its down to what you feel comfy riding on really,id say have a go on both mod and stock and choose from there.

EDIT sorry i was meant to say i also ride a stock aswell as a mod thats the adamant iv told u about sorry for any confusion

Mod or stock, Long or short would be fine, but really you should try and get out a try a couple of bikes, see how they feel for you. You can always by longer forks, stem, bars etc to make the bike feel shorter or longer. If your just going to buy something without any experience go for a good spec but maybe a cheaper frame as if you don't like the geo you can always change it without losing too much money.

well it also depends on how your gonna be riding aswell because i would't make the decision just from your height because you could take into account getting a 24" it all depends how your gonna ride just i would go on other peoples bikes and see what you like :) hope ive helped

Edited by crofty1244