Tyketrial @ Shipley Glen

TykeTrial

It wasn't a case of forgetting, as Ali said. Ali entered the postponed trial, and assumed that the entries were carried over having not seen the newsletter. From other conversations I heard, Ali definitely wasn't the only one who thought that that was the case.

Out of interest, if the origional event had taken place and I had turned up brakeless, what would have happened? I thought there may be some issues with me riding brakeless which is why I didn't mention it in the hope that a decision would be made there and then without a month to talk it over. no doubt you could have said no then, but perhaps I had a fleeting chance.

i can see why they didnt let you ride brakeless because of insurance and so on .

BUT .. its ali C come on everyone knows he can ride a bike well enough to beable to stop accidents .

if it was me id of let you .

who ever sed brakes were ment to be used aniway ??

if everyone rode brakeless there wouldnt be a problem then .

would of been amasing to watch though (Y)

I think he'd planned to ride blue route out of class (at least that's how he entered), which probably would've been fine. A couple of lines we've filmed at Shipley for Ali's vid over the few weekends were partially used as yellow route sections today, but 'cos of the nature of brakeless riding red/yellow route would be pretty much impossible to ride fully.

Pics now up on my dads website (Y)http://jalbum.net/browse/user/album/535056/

Some pretty good pics in there Dunc (Y)

I'll be in touch with your dad soon!

I had a great day yesterday, really enjoyed the sections (and the weather!) and it was great to see all the new faces!

It's obvioulsy been a LONG winter though, I'm aching all over and the lack of training really showed yesterday :(

Tell me about it. We ended up pulling up one of the sections so that the trial could go ahead without any riders having to give up their ride to observe. A bit frustrating considering the number of parents of older riders who were there.

Same old story though...

Hopefully there'll be enough observers at the next round!

Tell me about it. We ended up pulling up one of the sections so that the trial could go ahead without any riders having to give up their ride to observe. A bit frustrating considering the number of parents of older riders who were there.

Same old story though...

Hopefully there'll be enough observers at the next round!

This is very silly. When I rode tyke trial 8 years ago all the riders and parents helped out with observing. Comps in Australia are like they used to be. Everyone chips in and helps!

I cant believe you had to dig up sections!!! Thats rediculous! More sections benfits the riders...

Hope more people help out in future and stop being self centerd.

Yeah, thats about the same time that I started. There were two complete routes - beginner and novice routes were copletely separate to the rest, meaning they needed 16-20 observers, not just 8 or 10!

This was also better for both routes, as they didnt need to find easy stuff for the novices next to elite sized rocks if you get me. I'm not saying that it should go back to this as I dont see that happening, but only being able to provide observers for 7 sections is a poor show. Step up people, without the helpers it wouldn't happen!

Big thanks to my Dad for observing for all those years!

Edited by walker