Tnn'S New Compound And V-Brake Backing'S

tryallmaster

Ever thought about making hs33 backings where the V-posts could pop straight into them? Could be better for production. Re-selling the would also be easier too.

The hole required for HS33 caliper 'pips' is too small for a strong enough V brake boss unfortunately.

Since the braking loads are carried by the post in a V Brake and by the widened section of the backing (And not the post hole) in a Magura, making an insert that clicks onto the ball at the end of a Magura slave piston and fits the hole the post goes into could work. The problem is for V users who are more likely to run onto problems with the backing rubbing the tyre thanks to it having wide sections to mount in the forks on Magura slave pistons. This doesn't happen with Maguras because they're pressed linearly into the rim rather than pivoting in like V's.

Edited by psycholist

Tempted to get some of these TNN V pads, backings look sweet, love the machined in concave washer, making the whole set up slimmer and allowing a wider rim or a full amount of pad material to be used. What is the LGM material like compared to the CRM compound i'm currently using on a dead grind, the CRm pads seem to hold very well but give a nice amount of modulation, not overly concerned with bite as they'll be on my 24".

The LGMs feel like they've got better hold than the CRMs, although that's drawing on some old experience there, haha. My LGMs were sweet on my Magura, and Ali's LGVs were the bee's knees too.

Yep, I just said bee's knees.

The hole required for HS33 caliper 'pips' is too small for a strong enough V brake boss unfortunately.

The o-ring (or whatever they're called.)things are removeable? Aslong as the middle bit of it is the same size it'd be ok? Just make a larger o-ring.