Rubbing Brake Pads

i keep having problems with my back brake pads:(. they keep rubbing so i ride it for a bit then it goes away and randomly comes back. when im riding my bike goes slower and slower cos the rub is so bad. any help please? (Y) my brakes are magura hs33's if that helps?

PLEASE HELP :)

WBS

NEED VALIDATED. PLEASE VALIDATE IF YOU WANT Lol.cheers (Y)

Edited by modifiedridah2k9

Off everyones replies they're thinking the brakes sticking on.

But you havnt actualy said if its sticking when you pull or, like mine was, the whole caliper was too close and even when fully released it was still slightly touching at times (because i had a buckle in the wheel too)

They might just need moving out like in bobo_grimmer's post...

Use some GT85 on your pistons.

You could try to re-set up the break from scratch and see if your still getting a problem. Take it off and clean everything up. I use some gt40 and a tooth brush :D

try setting it up again kinda like this vid http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/media.php?group=guides&id=3 May help :unsure:

GT40? o.O

ford_GT40-08-1024.jpg

Edited by PeanuckleJive

ye maybe if u run loads of tar it wil stick on. try getting brake cleaner from halfords or somewhere and give the rim a blast and start fresh. or take out rear pistons and clean them up. use minrel oil or magura blood to lubracate the piston when it goes back in so u dont flip the seals or damage them..

Pretty new myself to be honest. But with V-Brakes their is a screw [if you're using them] and you can tighten/loosen accordingly if this is what you are doing i reccomend putting a locking nut on it... :)

no im using hydrolics. Thanks anyway

But you havnt actualy said if its sticking when you pull or, like mine was, the whole caliper was too close and even when fully released it was still slightly touching at times (because i had a buckle in the wheel too)

yeh i moved the pads backwards but they just go in again.

yeh i moved the pads backwards but they just go in again.

You could try to re-set up the break from scratch and see if your still getting a problem. Take it off and clean everything up. I use some gt40 and a tooth brush :D

try setting it up again kinda like this vid http://www.tartybikes.co.uk/media.php?group=guides&id=3 May help :unsure:

that was really helpful.ill try this out and let you no if it works

ye maybe if u run loads of tar it wil stick on. try getting brake cleaner from halfords or somewhere and give the rim a blast and start fresh. or take out rear pistons and clean them up. use minrel oil or magura blood to lubracate the piston when it goes back in so u dont flip the seals or damage them..

thats for disc brakes, if you put that on a rim brake it will get contaminated

if your running the evo adapters then you are ment to have a washr underneathe them to stop them from moving in. It could be that you pull the brake on and it pushes them out and then it just goes in and stays in (you pull the brake and then they spring back in) I had this problem, dont know if you get what i mean but if you did hope it helps.

chris

You have probably got sticky pistons. You just need to lube the piston and they will be fine.

Also your brake pad backings might be worn and could be wobbling on the piston

I would of said sticky pistons as well but why not try some fresh oil and make sure they are bled properly, i have run these brakes for years and normaly just a good service sorts things out.

Hope this helps dude (Y)

thats for disc brakes, if you put that on a rim brake it will get contaminated.

they wont get contaminated we use brake cleaner in the automotive trade. the one i am on about is not cilicone based and wil dry in no time just aply to rim take off exess tar. ive done this for years and i aint never had a problem.