Good Or Wrong Change

Dušan

Hey all

Ive started with trials 4 months ago.Iam going to change my bike cause i dont like the geometry of it etc. My current bike is 20" Monty 219 mag (wheelbase 3,117ft).And iam going to buy a ZOO! 26" which is bigger and longer (wheelbase 3.576ft).My height is about 5.74 ft.So my question is: Am i tall enough?

Is it a big change for me?

I know that this question was here for sure i tried to find it but ive failed.

Thanks for all advice and responses.No matter if helpful or not.

I'm about the same height as you and also used to ride a 20" I now ride a 26" and find its fine but does require more strength than riding a 20".

Although I'll probably get blasted for saying this I find a 24" (which is what I'm moving too) alot more comfortable for my height/weight/strength.

Edited by Thebigdoug2010

well im 5.6 ft and ride a 24" and can handle it fine and im 14 so im not mt muscle man, i can flat 360 it so there is no trouble with it if you ask me, size dosnt matter, its how you use your weight and how you control the bike. If you have road a stock then if it was fine then go for it but if you havnt rode one then try and rie one before you buy one.

chris

Hey all

Ive started with trials 4 months ago.Iam going to change my bike cause i dont like the geometry of it etc. My current bike is 20" Monty 219 mag (wheelbase 3,117ft).And iam going to buy a ZOO! 26" which is bigger and longer (wheelbase 3.576ft).My height is about 5.74 ft.So my question is: Am i tall enough?

Is it a big change for me?

I know that this question was here for sure i tried to find it but ive failed.

Thanks for all advice and responses.No matter if helpful or not.

f**king hell, thats massive!

Best way is to just give it a try mate. Borrow a friends bike or something, but basically you can pretty much to anything on anything if you put your mind to it. Don't get bogged down in styles of riding and bikes etc.

But I'm 5ft 8 and have rode an old school 26inch stock for over 5 years and have had no problems. Everyone's different so get out on some bikes and try them out.

I'm about the same height as you and also used to ride a 20" I now ride a 26" and find its fine but does require more strength than riding a 20".

Although I'll probably get blasted for saying this I find a 24" (which is what I'm moving too) alot more comfortable for my height/weight/strength.

I agree entirely, 24" trials bikes have been too long coming.