Bloody Loud Pads!

onzyman

Hi peeps,

I am currently running onza citrus pads with my hs33's and I was just wondering why they are so loud! I know

that there is supposed to be a bit of squeek but it's just unberable. I have tried cleaning them again and again but

it just keeps coming back.

Please help!

p.s here is a picky of my bike: 20261.jpg

My back brake on my old Ko was immensely loud. The back of that frame was really stiff too (integrated booster). I'd say get some different pads if it bothers you.

A booster would improve the performance of the brake though.

My back brake on my old Ko was immensely loud. The back of that frame was really stiff too (integrated booster). I'd say get some different pads if it bothers you.

A booster would improve the performance of the brake though.

which pads would help reduce the noise; I'm not bothered if they are trials pads or not.

which pads would help reduce the noise; I'm not bothered if they are trials pads or not.

croco browns on a light grind should be ok.

OT: your bike looks mint considering the age of it. do youo use it :lol:

im running croco browns on front and rear but on front with trialtech forks and a worn grind are unbearable loud realy does my head in,was riding sum natty yest and realy wanted sum earplugs to fall out of sky and into my ears.but on the plus side they are mental shard pads with buckets full of bite

Thanks! It was actually from my dads friend who no longer wanted the fame anymore so I decided to rebuild the bike. When i first got it looked in pretty bad condition and I thought that it was going to be impossible to fix but a few months later with a little elbow grease I finished it. The only problem stopping me from going out and having a good time is those pads! Every time that I have tried to go out on it the nosey bleeders on my street allways look at me like WTF! It's really doing my head in.

my pads are pretty loud. you should love that. if they dont squeek, they do not work properly in most cases.

my squeek it music to my ears :):):):):):):)

you could take the pads of and spray it on the pistons. maybe its lazy pistons.

Yes but it's not just a squeek, it's like when there is a teacher who scrapes her nails down a blackboard; but its ten times worse!

Brake pads for HS33 are generally loud, the better the pad the louder the sound normally.

Not necessarily, I've had many Magura set-ups that have made plenty of noise but have no hold what so ever.

Best thing to do is either use a booster as already mentioned, but in some cases I have found that this can make your brake not so good at holding (generally frames which have an in built booster so this shouldn't be a problem for you).

Other option is to adjust the slave cylinders so your pads have a bit of tow to them, so when you pull the brake lightly, the front of the pad contacts the rim first and then the back eventually contacts when the lever is pulled all the way in.

But in the long run this will wear your pads on the slant and make setting up all the more harder, so best thing you can do is bear with the noise, or just listen to your iPod when you ride.

Ever since I got a grind for my wheel mine has been pretty loud, I can live with it for actual trials but when I ride down hills, (because I don’t have a front brake at the moment) the whole valley can hear me, haha, I get some very strange looks. It's just one of those things you have to deal with.

I usually end up walking the bike down steep hills now. <_<

Edited by Theo