How Come When I Turn My Fan On My Spearkers Do That Click Thingy?

Twitch-119

Basically what it says on the tin. How come when I turn my fan on it makes the speakers do that funny clicky sound? Almost like when you get a text message when you have speakers near...

I know its random and quite pointless but still.

Twitch

Motors create a electro magnetic field which is then picked up by cables and such and interferes with the signal and messes with your sound.

That won't be the problem unless he has the fan on the speakers or the cables wrapped around the fan unit.

If you mean a quick 'pop' when you switch it on i'm pretty sure it can be caused by either a poor ground loop in your house wiring or a low quality power supply in the speaker not filtering out the power surge when another device is connected within the same power circuit in your house. This can be done with switching lights on and off and desk lamps also.

That won't be the problem unless he has the fan on the speakers or the cables wrapped around the fan unit.

If you mean a quick 'pop' when you switch it on i'm pretty sure it can be caused by either a poor ground loop in your house wiring or a low quality power supply in the speaker not filtering out the power surge when another device is connected within the same power circuit in your house. This can be done with switching lights on and off and desk lamps also.

Possibly the most contradicting post on tf ever? Try and understand what you're posting before hitting ctrl+v