Need A New Stem

isitafox

Right I've just been out down the road for a quick bod and I've come to realise that I need a new stem. When I was half pedalling onto some bathtubs at the farm the other day when I pulled back on the bars I found the bars slipping back, I tightened them up and thought nothing of it but just been jumping onto a tree stump which is a bit bigger and they were doing it again.

The problem I have is my bars are old Azonic world force ones (9 years old) and all the trials stems are now oversized so if I get a stem I'll need some new bars as well which means big expense. So do I either get a normal MTB stem to match my bar size or splash out on new bars and stem?

If I do that I'll probably go for a Trialtech Sport Forged stem but not sure which bars as really need to keep the costs down, any suggestions??

The new Tensile bars are super good value for money (Y) I reckon it'd be worth upgrading to 31.8mm, simply 'cos you don't really know how long those Azonics are going to last for. If you snap them a week after getting a new stem for them, it'd be a bit sour...

The new Tensile bars are super good value for money thumbsupanim.gif I reckon it'd be worth upgrading to 31.8mm, simply 'cos you don't really know how long those Azonics are going to last for. If you snap them a week after getting a new stem for them, it'd be a bit sour...

Good point!!

May be sorted now as theres a trialtech sport forged stem in for sale section that I'm hopefully gonna get an Muels got a set off Zoo bars for sale so if they're 31.8mm ones (this oversized thing is new to me!) I could have fixed the problem at a bargain price!

Got my Trialtech sport stem off Ben Travis the other day so brought it to work with me last night.

Plan was to rub it down and respray it but numpty boy here forgot to take a before pic, got one after I rubbed it down with some fine wet and dry and after spraying so gonna get it lacquered at work tonight and will post pics of how she's turned out.

For a first time doin summat like this I think I've done a good job!