Brake Selection?

Redster

The way i see it- front is anyone's choice. a large disc brake usually does the trick in terms of locking the wheel, though i must admit i havnt really tried any big taps. it has more modulation, which is nice for rolling endos and such.

On the back though i havn't seen many discs that outperform the rim brake, especially on a stock bike. i'd stick with a rim brake on the back for that all important "on-off" feeling. personal preference, but theres a reason its the most commonly used option.

dont forget the difference between mod and stock - the torque on a mod wheel is much smaller than the one acting on a 26" wheel. brakes that can easily lock a 20" wont always lock a 26" wheel. if you're a big fella, get a good brake and decent pads. also use a larger rotor up front.

iv always been a hs33 up front rider, but i had a go of my mates onza blade and i just love the disc. i love riding rocks and with a disc you can do lines so much smoother.

Plus if you live where there are loads of hills it helps abit, no squeaking

Edited by zoo python luke

Iam riding stock and brakes are the most important thing they always must be 100% (what actually the front disc brake is not... :D)

Well i have hope mono trial on front its disc brake... it always locks iam still new to trials and i started practicing thing through the front wheel... and it doesnt lock i have no idea why but in endos etc its locked .... maybe its about weight position.... dunno

rear wheel is magura hs33 race line from 2004 i found it better than the new one (and i also like the design more :D)

but well for example damon w does very big stuff and he has also rim brake on front or am i wrong?:D