How To Remove Pad From Cnc Backing?

p_ruskin

hey,

i have been using my CNC rockpads for a while now and they have been pretty shocking most the time,

so i would like to replace the pad material with some heatsink yellow pads

how do i remove the pad from the backing?

EDIT: are these pads also a good choice?

It should just pull out. But if your having issues, grab your mum/siter's hair dryer and whack it on full heat for a bit and heat up the metal. This should soften the glue enough to pull the pads out.

If your still having issues put them in boiling water for a bit and the glue should losten up

What problems are you having with the Rockpad CNC's? I assume they have the blue compound material? These are imense pads, I have never had a problem with mine, nice sharp medium grind and make sure they are set up nice and square and they should be fine.

If not, they should just pull out, when I put new re-fills in mine they came out pretty easy.

Adam

It should just pull out. But if your having issues, grab your mum/siter's hair dryer and whack it on full heat for a bit and heat up the metal. This should soften the glue enough to pull the pads out.

If your still having issues put them in boiling water for a bit and the glue should losten up

thanks i will try heating them up abit more and see if they come loose :turned:

What problems are you having with the Rockpad CNC's? I assume they have the blue compound material? These are imense pads, I have never had a problem with mine, nice sharp medium grind and make sure they are set up nice and square and they should be fine.

If not, they should just pull out, when I put new re-fills in mine they came out pretty easy.

Adam

well they were amazing for the first day or so great bite great hold and in the soaking wet, but then the quality decreased rapidly, i tried re-grinding, cleaning the surface, changing rims and changing the type of grind but nothing worked.

now there is barely any hold, makes no sound at all and the bite is pathetic

so i think a change of pad is in order :)

Edited by onza limey20

Oven for 10 minutes, put them in a cold oven put the heat to about 150 and wait ten minutes for it to warm up.

In no time you'll have a tasty treat for the whole family to enjoy.

But seriously though, it does work.