Zona Zenith And Zoo Python 07

isitafox

Finally after a long wait and a lot of ball ache got my Zenith frame back from the powder coaters today.

Spoke to the boss when I picked it up who knocked a bit off the price for all the hassle I've been caused which is nice so I'll be putting it all together tomorrow, was gonna sort it tonight but I'm on nights and need to pick up some headset spacers and hose clips.

Thought I'd stick a few pics up of the frame in her new colour and will get some fully built pics up tomorrow!

The colour is sapphire blue and I love it, nice and dark and will be gutted when I get the first scuff on!

P1030826.jpg

Colour doesn't show up very well as it's going dark out now but will hopefully show better tomorrow when its built!

Edited by isitafox

Ordered rest of the bits for it the other night so they should all be here next week and sent an email about gettin some stickers made up for it so that'll be built by next weekend (hopefully!!)

Can see tonight dragging like mad at work now, either that or me not being able to get hold of some spacers tomorrow, summats bound to go wrong!

Ordered rest of the bits for it the other night so they should all be here next week and sent an email about gettin some stickers made up for it so that'll be built by next weekend (hopefully!!)

Can see tonight dragging like mad at work now, either that or me not being able to get hold of some spacers tomorrow, summats bound to go wrong!

Well I was right, can't get the bottom bracket in for love nor money, starts going in and after about half a turn it gets immensely tight so don't wanna force it in case I strip the thread. Won't be gettin built up today! ARSE!! thumbdown.gif

As for the cost, I spoke to the boss when I picked it up and he knocked it down to £30 for the hassle I've had and said if I take them anything again it'll get done as a priority but don't think I'll bother with them again!

Edited by isitafox

Sounds like the BB shell needs tapping out to clear it mate, you were right not to force it.

I think Sam in the bike shop in New Mills should have a tap, if not the Bike Factory in Whaley will. Sam will remember me, doubt anyone in the Bike Factory will. :P

YES!!! Got her built up thank god an can I say how awesome it feels to ride!

Unbelievable how different yet easier/better it feels riding something that is a proper trials frame. Will get some pics up later as I'm on my phone at the mo but I reckon it looks well nice, look forward to everyones comments later!

Here's a pic of how she looks now, bit dodgy as taken on my phone but you get the idea.

Just need to sort 2 of the threads on the brake clamps but got a temporary fix for now.

post-24247-12757615593_thumb.jpg

Big thanks to Muel for the frame an bars, JohnyMilton for the forks and Ben Travis for the stem!!

Got my brakes through for the Python today as well so just gotta order some tyres an sort a bashring and that'll be built for next weekend!

Edited by isitafox

I like the colour what company did it for you if you dont mind me asking, i can't find anyone local.

The company was called Garie Bevan Powder Coating and the colour on their website is 5003.

Used them as they're just down the road but they do lots of big jobs from all over the country.

I was a bit worried bout the colour as picked it off the chart then checked on their website after and due to pc screen limitations it looks nothing like the real thing.

Well happy, got my stuff for the python through from tartybikes this afternoon so I managed to get that built up today.

Just gotta get the chain shortened as can't find the chain tool at my dads so will go at it with a grinder tomorrow and get that fittied to see how well she rides.

Here's just a couple of pics I took in the stairwell, chucking it down outside so couldn't take em out there, only dodgy bit in my eyes is the white rear maggie with the lever upside down but it was bought as a temporary solution till I can afford a new one. Other than that I'm well happy, got a +20 adaptor for the front disc as well so just gotta decide which bike deserves the bigger brake!!

post-24247-127610823763_thumb.jpg

post-24247-127610824956_thumb.jpg