Chris King

saracen1989

Over priced on everything.

Headset is just as good as a any decent one, but not too pricey.

Front hub, is a front hub, buy a better one for much less.

Rear hub, for over £300 ill be alright, i would just wait and get the new profile coming out, which has more ep and whatnot.

But i suppose its your choice what you spend your monies on really.

I personally wouldn't bother.

I have all three...and even I concede theyre overpriced....I mean they work damned well, especially the hubs but you just cant justify the price tag in my opinion. Rear hub is lush, and bearings on front one are good...but you can get far lighter than the front one. If i was buying new I'd say Echo SL FFW, try-all rear hub, echo tr fronthub and and SL headset. Second hand, possibly go with King.

The only reason I bought my set was because they were dirt cheap ( swapped headset for a spare, rear hub for spare frame so around £90 and front wheel was £35 )

Oh, and the bottom bracket is only compatible with shimano i think it is? cranks,...so no FFW or 18t up front.

Over priced on everything.

Headset is just as good as a any decent one, but not too pricey.

Front hub, is a front hub, buy a better one for much less.

Rear hub, for over £300 ill be alright, i would just wait and get the new profile coming out, which has more ep and whatnot.

But i suppose its your choice what you spend your monies on really.

I personally wouldn't bother.

Argeed they are abit over priced

Like the other guys have said, there realy is no need to get a chris king these days, I ran a rear CK hub for 6 years and it was spot on! but now I am running an echo SL freewheel and it is easily as good and ALOT cheaper, even if you do have to buy a new rear hub too!

as for front hubs, any of the new hubs shown on tartybikes are generaly pretty good, Rockman BUB and Echo TR are very well priced! Headsets I would recomend an echo SL too as thats what I am running and it has been very good.

Hope that helps abit.

Adam