How To Gap To Front.

AlexxRogers

Not bad except it's wrong :mellow:

I would have thought most people will spot the fact a gap to front isn't done with a spin towards your forward foot.

Don't get me wrong, that is a technique. But it's not your standard gap to front

Edited by MikeCottTrials

I would have thought most people will spot the fact a gap to front isn't done with a spin towards your forward foot

It's a different technique, I spin when I do mine, not by much, but I still spin, I'll redo a straight one if it'll make things better?

Alex.

I would have thought most people will spot the fact a gap to front isn't done with a spin towards your forward foot.

Don't get me wrong, that is a technique. But it's not your standard gap to front

nor is it a standard teqnique to start with your front wheel to one side , and spin an swap so its on the other :S

You should've mentioned to comit to the action, that's how I and plenty of others learned, just commitment kicking to the front wheel. Forget all the spinny stuff if the people watching it can't even front wheel gap.. I would of put a simple lower the front end as you preload then comit by moving your body weight down and forward as you pedalkick, brakes on or off. Most people I know learning to front wheel gap haven't got the ability to swap to the back wheel or turn the end 90 degrees to the left or right. Easier just not using the front brake or feathering the brake.

You should've mentioned to comit to the action, that's how I and plenty of others learned, just commitment kicking to the front wheel. Forget all the spinny stuff if the people watching it can't even front wheel gap.. I would of put a simple lower the front end as you preload then comit by moving your body weight down and forward as you pedalkick, brakes on or off. Most people I know learning to front wheel gap haven't got the ability to swap to the back wheel or turn the end 90 degrees to the left or right. Easier just not using the front brake or feathering the brake.

Thanks for the advice, looking back, it is quite a complicated way, back to basics for the next videos I think

Thanks,

Alex.

I don't want to come across as a nob, or having a go or anything.

I'm just trying to say; if your going to do a tutorial, do it well (Y)

Seeing as I have all day tomorrow, I'll redo it, taking everyone's comments into consideration, and hopefully it'll go down better.

Thanks,

Alex.

I've started trials a few days ago, so I'm probably somewhere in the target audience?

I would've liked to see the move in it's entirety, before you broke it down and explained it further, just to see what it's supposed to look like and what the tutorials actually about, as a "gap to front" means very little to me (although I had a better idea after watching :P) . And could you make it even simpler if possible? i.e. stuff like "preload" doesn't mean much to me either :P

And maybe some slo-mo. Slo-mo's always cool.

Edited by Ninja Manatee

I've started trials a few days ago, so I'm probably somewhere in the target audience?

I would've liked to see the move in it's entirety, before you broke it down and explained it further, just to see what it's supposed to look like and what the tutorials actually about, as a "gap to front" means very little to me (although I had a better idea after watching :P) . And could you make it even simpler if possible? i.e. stuff like "preload" doesn't mean much to me either :P

And maybe some slo-mo. Slo-mo's always cool.

yYah watching it back, it is a really poor tutorial, let me know what you need to learn, and I'll do a better one based on what you need,

hopefully then I can improve my teaching.

Alex.

let me know what you need to learn, and I'll do a better one based on what you need

Um, everything haha.

I can back-wheel pivot, starting to get how to front-wheel pivot, and I can kind of back hop, that's about it :P

I know most of it's "practice, practice and more practice" - but any advice on track-standing would definitely help, I've read you should do it on a slight incline and see-saw, but is that all the advice there is?

EDIT: Btw, I'm riding stock if it changes anything?

Edited by Ninja Manatee

Um, everything haha.

I can back-wheel pivot, starting to get how to front-wheel pivot, and I can kind of back hop, that's about it :P

I know most of it's "practice, practice and more practice" - but any advice on track-standing would definitely help, I've read you should do it on a slight incline and see-saw, but is that all the advice there is?

EDIT: Btw, I'm riding stock if it changes anything?

I'll do one on track-standing, and pedal kicking? maybe?

For the basic moves, please someone correct me if I'm wrong, it's the same for both mod and stock?

Alex.