Front Maggie No Stoppie

stunt man t

since ive changed from front disc to front magura ive regreted it ever since

the front brake dont hold :(

alot of people run front magura or vee so i must be doing something wrong?

can someone please tell me there set-up so i can do something about mine as its winding me up

my set-up:

echo tr rim brake

rock pads

trial-tech square hole rim (med grind + tar)

it just judders but doesnt hold :(

thanks xx

take a mop disk to your front rim and polish it so all the grind is gone and the surface is smooth , then clean the rim with brake cleaner or solvent degreaser then buy some very soft pads and use a tiny bit of tar if its not good enough , a grind on the front is just asking for trouble there's very little modulation and the pads seem to wear very quickly and the grind needs re-doing often . good luck

take a mop disk to your front rim and polish it so all the grind is gone and the surface is smooth , then clean the rim with brake cleaner or solvent degreaser then buy some very soft pads and use a tiny bit of tar if its not good enough , a grind on the front is just asking for trouble there's very little modulation and the pads seem to wear very quickly and the grind needs re-doing often . good luck

nice one :)

witch rock pads? if they are blue i can see why they dont stop? greens for a smooth never had a problem with them

it has a grind and there rock blues x

I run a front maggy with rock blues on a DX32 rim with a 2month old light grind and its awesome. Definitely clean the tar off your rim, rin a light sharp grind and set up everything nice and square and it should work fine. Mine certainly bites and holds a million times better than my rear brake.